Thunderbolt vs. Bionic

pilot25

Reaction score
Which is going to be the better "flagship" device?

I'm personally sick of Moto's hardware foulups and swore I would never buy one of their POS devices again. So I am hoping the thunderbolt is better but I understand Bionic is dual core and thunderbolt isn't.

akira6713

Reaction score
Ummmm... I dunno if im just a geek with an ego for the best but the dual core vs single core choice is a no brainer to me. Im just a little upset about the 512 mb ram specs. I here the Motorola phone for At&t will not only be dual core but also 1 ghz ram. Woah thats double the ram.

For now im sticking with my Droid X and hope Verizon has something else in stoere. If not then i guess ill just have to go with Bionic. No question..

Isnt the dual core on the bionic the new Nvidia?

whezzel

Reaction score
I was gunna say check out the moto olympus. Dual core and 4g but u don't want moto

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

s_brethauer04

Reaction score
I'm going with the Thunderbolt. I like the dual core, not a big moto fan though.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Nvidia tegera 2 is the graphics processor I believe. I almost called it a graphics card. Lol
I am also disappointed that the bionic will only have 512MB of ram.
Even taking that into account the Bionic will be the new flagship as of now. The Thunderbolt is just a slightly tuned EVO.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have to agree... Verizon likes to have the flagship phones branded with Droid.. The Thunderbolt is a google phone we know, but at this point in time Bionic is only Droid phone being shown.. Now between now and then there could be more.. Remember last year the Incredible snuck up on us and was a Droid phone too.. As always time will tell.

akira6713

Reaction score
I just read a spec comparison in another post and i must say the atrix is not all i expected.

altimax98
I agree. I dont think the 512mb ram is a HUGE issue like everyone is making it out to be... Think about these things:

1: The ATRIX has a 4in screen the BIONIC 4.3 (bigger doesnt always equal better, but this phone seems more like the EVO4g then the DX form factor)

WINNER - Depends, but the BIONIC is bigger :)

2: ATRIX has a out dated 5MP camera (probably a upgraded version from the D1 with HD recording..) BIONIC 8MP..

WINNER - The BIONIC has larger pixel count, and probably a newer/better sensor then the ATRIX. Bigger doesnt always mean better, but why would they only put a 5MP on the ATRIX???

3: ATRIX has 1g RAM. BIONIC has 512mb

WINNER - ATRIX.. but like someone else said, the atrix is essentially a dualboot system needing that extra ram

4: ATRIX has that docking thing, fingerprint reader.. blahblahblahblah
When I see all that all I think of is a developers nightmare. It will probably be so difficult to create roms that fully use the features of the phone, that it may be a neglected cousin of the BIONIC. Chances are that within months of release (providing the unlocked/easier hacked bootloader) the BIONIC will have custom roms with ported versions of all the 'good' features of the ATRIX like the firefox thing.

WINNER - BIONIC.. I see the BIONIC as the next D1, and the ATRIX seems to be geared towards buisness users and will be a pain to rom for without losing tons of features.

Thats just some of the differences that ive been thinking about, but I really dont think that the RAM issue (while annoying) wont be a issue, and the community will fully back the BIONIC....

Im buying the BIONIC no matter what :) locked down like the white house or not.. It looks like a fantastic phone.... and my antenna is broke in my D1 :(

Okay so i guess Bionic is going to be the new best thing. That is unless your an iphone fan and waiting for the apple convention fwhere the verizon iphone is likely to be showcased.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
It's not a fair comparison. TB is last years tech essentially.

OP
pilot25

pilot25

Reaction score
So it looks like Bionic will be the touted Verizon phone for the next few months. sigh....

I don't really want to go to the chewed piece of fruit but I really hate moto.

kparks

Reaction score
I just read a spec comparison in another post and i must say the atrix is not all i expected.

altimax98
I agree. I dont think the 512mb ram is a HUGE issue like everyone is making it out to be... Think about these things:

1: The ATRIX has a 4in screen the BIONIC 4.3 (bigger doesnt always equal better, but this phone seems more like the EVO4g then the DX form factor)

WINNER - Depends, but the BIONIC is bigger :)

2: ATRIX has a out dated 5MP camera (probably a upgraded version from the D1 with HD recording..) BIONIC 8MP..

WINNER - The BIONIC has larger pixel count, and probably a newer/better sensor then the ATRIX. Bigger doesnt always mean better, but why would they only put a 5MP on the ATRIX???

3: ATRIX has 1g RAM. BIONIC has 512mb

WINNER - ATRIX.. but like someone else said, the atrix is essentially a dualboot system needing that extra ram

4: ATRIX has that docking thing, fingerprint reader.. blahblahblahblah
When I see all that all I think of is a developers nightmare. It will probably be so difficult to create roms that fully use the features of the phone, that it may be a neglected cousin of the BIONIC. Chances are that within months of release (providing the unlocked/easier hacked bootloader) the BIONIC will have custom roms with ported versions of all the 'good' features of the ATRIX like the firefox thing.

WINNER - BIONIC.. I see the BIONIC as the next D1, and the ATRIX seems to be geared towards buisness users and will be a pain to rom for without losing tons of features.

Thats just some of the differences that ive been thinking about, but I really dont think that the RAM issue (while annoying) wont be a issue, and the community will fully back the BIONIC....

Im buying the BIONIC no matter what :) locked down like the white house or not.. It looks like a fantastic phone.... and my antenna is broke in my D1 :(
Okay so i guess Bionic is going to be the new best thing. That is unless your an iphone fan and waiting for the apple convention fwhere the verizon iphone is likely to be showcased.
the MP in the camera mean nothing at all in the quality of the pics

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it looks like Bionic will be the touted Verizon phone for the next few months. sigh....

I don't really want to go to the chewed piece of fruit but I really hate moto.

Htc, samsung, and lg are all options to you know...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rymanh24

Reaction score
My heart is set on the Atrix when and if it comes to Verizon.

I like the whole docking feature, I don't know why but I can see it being very useful in many of my situations.

kparks

Reaction score
so does this bionic have 512 or 1gig of ram i keep seeing them both does any one know 100% and how much ram is in the lg revolution????and the LG black does that have duel core and how much RAM......... I NEEEEEEEEEED RAAAAAAAAM LOL