thunderbolt root

spiderman

Reaction score
i just went from the d2g to the thunderbolt and i am looking to root it but i'm still pertty new at it and was leaning more towards a one touch root i have a buddy that has a rooted thunderbolt but he did it the hard way and i dont really wanna go that rout cuz there is to much that i would mess up i did have my d2g rooted but do to the locked bootloader couldnt do to much with it my tb has 2.2.1 with baseband version 1.16.00.0402w_1 and software 1.13.605.7. if that helps anyone and if anyone has any advise or would like to help i would be thankfull

OP
spiderman

spiderman

Reaction score
does it work on the updated framewear cuz everthing i am finding is for 1.12 and i have 1.13

OP
spiderman

spiderman

Reaction score
ok i think i have it all figuered out except on how to get started witch is with the ADB witch i do not have any clue how to get into let along were to get the drivers or progames need to get it. can anyone please help me thanks

OP
spiderman

spiderman

Reaction score
[Procedure] How to Root the Thunderbolt with ADB (Windows) - Android Forums try following that. I used it doing copy/paste with the command lines and had no problems. It gives links for the files I believe also.
i have used this methode and got to the part were you need to put the upgrade back on the phone and everytime i try to get into the adb it keeps telling me that me phone/devices is offline and i cannont push anything to it so i'm stuck right now with the frameware 1.03 i need help can i start over or is there something i can do to get my computer command promt/adb to read my phone i have checked and unchecked debugging severl times i have discounted my phone also

OP
spiderman

spiderman

Reaction score
i got it i'm finally rooted i think. i didnt turn debugging back on thanks for the post and the link that was the most helpful link ever easy to follow thanks for the postings and the help. i also have one more ? what overclock app should i run and kernal should i use

blazednova

Reaction score
im taking it your on the stock rom, if that's the case i would recommend drodspeed or ady's or imos. in third post here (this thread is constantly being updated with all the new roms kernels radios etc.. all that good stuff.) to overclock i use setcpu and it hasn't ever let me down.
IMHO the das bamf team make the best roms out there. and if your feeling adventurous they made a complete port of sense 3.0 aka BAMF Sense 3.0 RC3 you will need to flash a new radio in order to use it though.

before doing anything as always you should make a backup, and if you haven't already delete/ or move PG05IMG out of the root of you sdcard.. i learned that the hard way. and my final tip is to only use rom manager to make backups, never flash zips with it. always flash zips in recovery manually.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I'm running gingeritis. It's good ROM. You can find it on themikmik.com. it use to be on xda but he pulled it cuz of a argument or something. Bamf is good too but I got the best battery out of gingeritis.

But the most fun is flashing the different roms. Also make sure you read and re-read what u need before u flash the ROM. And ALWAYS make a back up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

VolDroid

Reaction score
i got it i'm finally rooted i think. i didnt turn debugging back on thanks for the post and the link that was the most helpful link ever easy to follow thanks for the postings and the help. i also have one more ? what overclock app should i run and kernal should i use

Glad you got it man. Sorry I didn't get back to you on your post earlier, was out all day and just now got a chance to sit and get caught up on everything. I'm still figuring out which ROM and/or kernel to use on mine So far the Stock type debloated Rom has given me the best battery life. Bamf 1.8.6 is a pretty good one also.

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
it took me two days to root mine and once I did I threw thunder rom on it and been hooked since but I have been thinking of trying other roms

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums