Thunderbolt root question

jmd

Reaction score
Is it possible to use the EVO 4g root on the thunderbolt?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since they are different phones I would say no.. Really the only thing in common is they are both 4.3 inch screened HTC phones with a kickstand. The internals are not the same. The TB has newer tech and system then the Evo..

cpjr

Reaction score
There is a fairly easy root method in the TB section.

onsht1kll

Reaction score
Yeah i would guess a lot of the framework is different.. I wouldn't try it especially since u cant backup before hand

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
Don't try it! There are a couple good methods in here for the tb specifically. I wouldn't expect something as simple as unrevoked if that's what you're thinking. The tb is far more involved than the incredible or EVO. If you want root, try the 3 step method on Windows. That's probably as close as you'll get.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Good way to get bricked. I recommend adb root as you can tell what is wrong if it doesn't work. With all the easy roots its anybody's guess...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
I didnt wanna open another topic for this question, im rooting right now and im stuck....Im using this method:
[Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

I set up the adb, now i went back to step one where i need to get all the mirrors. However, when I downloaded them before I downloaded each one, one by one. So I had 8 in total, 3 from first two and 2 from last one.

When I follow the steps and the video though...[video=youtube;oKPSe12YDxQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKPSe12YDxQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - How to Root the HTC Thunderbolt, Setting up ADB - Step 1[/video]

The guy has them organized in zip files...I didn't do that. I get three files for exploits zip file (a normal one, one with a 1 and one with a 2)...am i supposed to download only one of them? I dont understand why mine are downloading different than his

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I didnt wanna open another topic for this question, im rooting right now and im stuck....Im using this method:
[Exclusive] How To Root The HTC ThunderBolt And Unlock Its Bootloader | Android News, Reviews, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets, Tips, Mods, Videos, Tutorials - Android Police

I set up the adb, now i went back to step one where i need to get all the mirrors. However, when I downloaded them before I downloaded each one, one by one. So I had 8 in total, 3 from first two and 2 from last one.

When I follow the steps and the video though...YouTube - How to Root the HTC Thunderbolt, Setting up ADB - Step 1

The guy has them organized in zip files...I didn't do that. I get three files for exploits zip file (a normal one, one with a 1 and one with a 2)...am i supposed to download only one of them? I dont understand why mine are downloading different than his

You only need 3 files that you don't unzip or alter in any way other than rename. The ones labeled mirror are in case the primary download file is too slow.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X

When I follow the steps and the video though...YouTube - How to Root the HTC Thunderbolt, Setting up ADB - Step 1

You only need to download one set out of each of those files(the mirrors are setup in case the others don't work).

So you'd download from either MultiUpload, Galaxysense or Droidsite. Not all 3 of them.

alboboy10

Reaction score
oh ok, so I should just download one file from each bulletpoint

alboboy10

Reaction score
I downloaded the 2 galaxy sense from the first two bullet points, and the multipload from the last one. Is that?

alboboy10

Reaction score
I think I'm checking the Md5's wrong...they're not coming out to be the same. I had a little trouble at first with comparing also.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I am too. I'm using the same steps as he is.

On the instructions website though, he is saying the md5sum should be:
aae974054fc3aed275ba3596480ccd5b

And I'm getting a completely different number, maybe I'm missing something idk?