Just rooted tb

smmfc

Reaction score
I just rooted my thunderbolt today and was wondering what kernels work with the stock Rom and how high can I go to still be stable?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Believe it or not different phones react differently to the different kernels out here. The best thing to do is to make a nandroid backup and just push it little by little.

sent from droidforums app

OP
smmfc

smmfc

Reaction score
Yeah I'm used to the Droid 1 I was just wondering if there was a more stable level like on the d1 most people couldn't push past 1.2 without getting reboots

OP
smmfc

smmfc

Reaction score
Ok so I guess I'm not clear enough I'm sorry I've noticed with the tb there's different radios for diff time and such I was mainly wo.during which kernels are ok to use with no custom Rom just plain old system Rom?

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Ok so I guess I'm not clear enough I'm sorry I've noticed with the tb there's different radios for diff time and such I was mainly wo.during which kernels are ok to use with no custom Rom just plain old system Rom?

Kernals are always going to act differently on every phone no matter what rom you are running even stock.

I know my last phone was extremely picky about what kernals it would play nice with and it took about 5 or 6 tries to get one that worked well.

For instance, that phone could not handle low voltage kernals at all. I had another phone that i put an ultra low voltage 1.0 kernal on and it ran smoothe.

Make a back up then just start flashing kernals and seeing what works. Obviously lower speed higher voltage kernals are going to probably work with more devices but see what your phone likes.

Also, if one higher kernal doesn't work doesn't mean all won't maybe your phone just didn't like that particular kernal try another one.