smart999

Reaction score
I just rooted my thunderbolt what should I do now

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Go to Disney Land!

Couldn't resist, sorry.

In all seriousness, it depends - why did you root it in the first place? You can install different radios, kernels, put a different ROM on it, or just take advantage of root apps. It really depends on what problems you were hoping to fix, or what new things you want it to do.

OP
S

smart999

Reaction score
Go to Disney Land!

Couldn't resist, sorry.

In all seriousness, it depends - why did you root it in the first place? You can install different radios, kernels, put a different ROM on it, or just take advantage of root apps. It really depends on what problems you were hoping to fix, or what new things you want it to do.

I wanted to get better battery life and put gingerbread on it

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
For better battery life and Gingerbread, you'll want a custom ROM, and potentially a different kernel or different radio. Hit up http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...l-thunderbolt-roms-kernels-listing-2-0-a.html for a pretty thorough, up to date list of all the different ROMs, kernels, and radios for the Thunderbolt.

I would recommend going with a Sense-based ROM, as a lot of the AOSP based ROMs are having difficulties with GPS/cell based location. Every AOSP ROM I tried thought I was in Greece, no matter what radio I was using. Switched to das BAMF Sense 2.1, and magically everything is just perfect.