ThunderBolt Gets Overclocked to 'Lightning Speed' 1.8GHz... Quadrant Score of 2750!

Its TwiX

Reaction score
It's just like driving a car. If you floor the gas pedal all the time your gas will run out faster because your engine is working harder. Just like if you floor the processor your battery will run out faster.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's just like driving a car. If you floor the gas pedal all the time your gas will run out faster because your engine is working harder. Just like if you floor the processor your battery will run out faster.

But I imagine just like a car there is an "optimal" AVERAGE speed. Just like you get better gas mileage at 60 MPH, you probably get better battery life at some given processor speed. However, the key is just like your car shouldn't idle at 5000 rpm's, underclocking when the processor isn't under load makes a huge difference. I can't believe they haven't made that stock in Android.

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Personally I like the optimal speed set by the kernel at 576. If android did change CPU frequency it would make android be the OS to go to for everyone. No exception.