HTC Thunderbolt Overclocked Further - Over 2GHz!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
I never said the speeds are the same. Just pointing out that overclocking the TB is not as effective as everyone thinks...because the older memory is a governor of sorts. I was also throwing in subtle hints that the Bionic's stock processor "should" run close to those overclocked TB's.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Actually it is very effective. Can't really say a 2core @1ghz is better/faster than a single core @2ghz. Both will do better in different categories.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

zhorik

Reaction score
Wow! Over 2 Ghz and it did not melt?:icon_ banana:

cj1896

Reaction score
I think I have my new phone! Tired of waiting for a dual core HTC and none looks like it is on the horizon for verizon (rhyme not intended). Atrix/Bionic are cool but I am steering clear of Moto b/c of the bootloader issue. My OG droid has been great but it is at EOL since it doesn't have enough ram to run gingerbread. 2ghz is fast enough for my 1 year contract.

loki993

Reaction score
I never said the speeds are the same. Just pointing out that overclocking the TB is not as effective as everyone thinks...because the older memory is a governor of sorts. I was also throwing in subtle hints that the Bionic's stock processor "should" run close to those overclocked TB's.

Actually it is very effective. Can't really say a 2core @1ghz is better/faster than a single core @2ghz. Both will do better in different categories.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Yes and no. the Bionic stock could potentially be better if there was an OS that could utilize the dual core architecture and there were programs that could also take advantage of it. Currently there is nothing that can do that, so its kind of a moot point. So basically for the time being the Bionic had to be treated like a single core phone because basically that's how it will run...for now.

The RAM is a different issue though. It does in fact have better/faster RAM and that could/should potentially make the phone faster them the TB. And that's if it comes out with the originally stated 512megs. Is should definitely be faster if it has more. It will just be a case of how bogged down it will be with bloat.

Unfortunately bloat that it looks we wont be able to get rid of either because it should be locked down. So I don't think overclocking like this will be possible on the Bionic. The phone full potential will never be realized.

Or do I have that all wrong?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Look at the Atrix for a compare. That phone has basically 512mb of ram for every day non webtop use. The FPS and Quadrant benchmark scores are way high stock compared to anything else stock.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
For a moment I had a silly thought of,,,

"Excuse me sir, your pocket is steaming"

"Oh it nothing, my liquid N2 heat exchanger is just venting."

rage151

Reaction score
Look at the Atrix for a compare. That phone has basically 512mb of ram for every day non webtop use. The FPS and Quadrant benchmark scores are way high stock compared to anything else stock.

They are not "benchmark scores". They are just Scores. A benchmark is a standard or average, etc...

drod2169

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I can't imagine they were able to run it at those speeds but I wonder what there quadrant score would look like if they were able to.

It says stable. Stable means stable.

1.996 was the most stable. It achieved benches of low 3100's first run (was going to take screen but it froze there for me). Others are getting high 3000's on 1.8ghz OC

2.01 froze for me very shortly after setting the max speed to that. JsinLegacy ran 1.996 without any issues, though, minus a hot phone.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I can't imagine they were able to run it at those speeds but I wonder what there quadrant score would look like if they were able to.

It says stable. Stable means stable.

1.996 was the most stable. It achieved benches of low 3100's first run (was going to take screen but it froze there for me). Others are getting high 3000's on 1.8ghz OC

2.01 froze for me very shortly after setting the max speed to that. JsinLegacy ran 1.996 without any issues, though, minus a hot phone.

And Disposibleteen eat his words, lol. :p

geoff5093

Reaction score
Stable does not mean stable. The Core I7 processor in my computer can boot into windows at 5GHz+ and appear to be stable up until a resource hungry program is started, then it bluescreens. My computer is stable enough for windows 7 at 5GNz but not stable enough for very many programs was just wondering if this was kind of the same deal.
That means your processor is not stable.

Stable means stable.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Stable does not mean stable. The Core I7 processor in my computer can boot into windows at 5GHz+ and appear to be stable up until a resource hungry program is started, then it bluescreens. My computer is stable enough for windows 7 at 5GNz but not stable enough for very many programs was just wondering if this was kind of the same deal.
That means your processor is not stable.

Stable means stable.

Maybe if he hears it a few more times it'll stick? lol. :)