Thought i understoof Google Voice...but not any more..

OP
S

spacemanps

The access number is so you get free out bound calls and your GV # for free inbound.
Note that you have to set the GV option to have caller ID to display your own GV number instead of the actual inbound number for this approach to work.

If you don't want to do that (I didn't) you still get free inbound minutes for anyone on your list.

I dont get what you mean here.....

In GV Call options you have Caller ID (in) and Caller ID (Out)...

i have "Display caller's number" set for Caller ID (in) and "Don't change anything" for Caller ID (Out)..

Is this correct, and can you please explain these options?

OP
S

spacemanps

any one with input if my settings are correct

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
In GV Call options you have Caller ID (in) and Caller ID (Out)...

i have "Display caller's number" set for Caller ID (in) and "Don't change anything" for Caller ID (Out)..

Is this correct, and can you please explain these options?
There's no absolute right and wrong. It depends on what you're trying to do. Based on your OP, if your goal is to have all inbound calls free then you want to add your GV number to Friends and Family and change all inbound caller ID to your GV number. There's an obvious downside to that.

Otherwise the only free inbound calls are those on your list. Personally, I'm fine with having only free inbound calls for those on my list so my caller ID is set to display the caller's number. It's actually very logical if you think it through but I'll be happy to answer any further questions that you might have.

Last edited:
OP
S

spacemanps

im looking for free inbound and outbound... what should my settings be.

Getaphixx

Reaction score
You need to find out the Google Voice Access number..

ADD that to your list..

If you TEXT through Google Voice.. There's a seperate number for that as well..

ADD that to your list..

Then of course.. your GOOGLE VOICE #

ADD that to your list..

Yes.. there are 3 numbers to add to your friends and family..

Sorry that's the way it just is..

superglen99

Reaction score
Actually for free sms you just need to change settings in gv on the pc so it doesnt forward sms to your phone then its free.