Google Voice doesn't make calls when I use dialer?

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I thought I had Google Voice set up to do everything on my Droid2...but GV isn't actually making all calls.

In the Google Voice app, in the settings under "Making Calls", I have it set for Google Voice to make all calls.

But when I use the dialer to punch in a number to, the number that shows up on people's caller ID is my Verizon number, not my GV number. So Google Voice isn't making ALL calls..

Anyone know how I might get GV to make and receive all calls made, including those using the dialer?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should make all calls if you have it set to make all calls. Just to verify, you have a GV account and your device is set up in your GV account?

Reaction score
I thought I had Google Voice set up to do everything on my Droid2...but GV isn't actually making all calls.

In the Google Voice app, in the settings under "Making Calls", I have it set for Google Voice to make all calls.

But when I use the dialer to punch in a number to, the number that shows up on people's caller ID is my Verizon number, not my GV number. So Google Voice isn't making ALL calls..

Anyone know how I might get GV to make and receive all calls made, including those using the dialer?

When I was having problems with google voice not making any calls I found out that for google voice to make the call you have to dial the area code too so if you tried to call 555-5555 it won't work unless you do (555) 555-5555.

AsiaAleandri

Reaction score
I think you just need to be patient. Google doesn't like to rely on 3rd parties (Gizmo) and now that this service has the Google name applied to it you will see more rapid change IMHO. I will be stunned if there isn't a tie in with Google Talk sooner rather than later. There has long been rumors (and a few screen shots) that within the walls of the Googleplex they use the Google Talk application as a soft phone to make VoIP calls to the PSTN. I personally would wager everything that you have that it is not only coming, but coming soon. ish.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
When I was having problems with google voice not making any calls I found out that for google voice to make the call you have to dial the area code too so if you tried to call 555-5555 it won't work unless you do (555) 555-5555.

Didnt work for me, I to was having the same problem as the OP, I gave up.

MadDog_

Reaction score
This was just driving me crazy on a few calls I just made. When I tried it using the area code first, it worked like a champ.

Thanks! :icon_ banana: