Those "Aha Moments"...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Alright, I see now. The app has a Guest Mode so you can use it to find, lock or wipe someone else's phone. I used ADM last month to wipe my daughter's phone from my PC after it was stolen. I could have used the app from my phone and selected Guest Mode and wiped her phone if I wasn't near a PC. I learned a few new things today. Thanks guys! Now to get this thread back on track...and I have to get back to work (or at least look like I am working).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think my heart can stand leaving my phone at home anymore.
Too many times today I went into "oh expletive where's my phone?", " aww expletive I still owe over $600 and never unlocked my G2 to work on AT&T", "expletive someone took my expletive phone out of my truck when I went to pick up my daughter", etc.
I ain't cussed so much in years.
But the watch worked like it was supposed to.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My daughter is home sick from school,I had to take her to the doctor this morning and she has a throat infection.
While waiting she asked what that pen thing is on my phone so I showed her a brief tutorial. She asked what the button on the side is so I showed her, taking a screen shot and writing a note. She decided at 7 years old she's ready to master an s pen. I wish I'd have had this G2 (she still hasn't given me back my Note4) so I could've taken a photo of her using the phone like it was a pda and the look on her iPad carrying doctor when he came in the room. She was sitting there, leg crossed like a full grown lady, just scribbling a note on a photo of her older sister (24) ultra sound of her niece/nephew in its mommy's stomach (yeah I'm gonna be a grandpa in September). The look was priceless and he waited patiently a few seconds until she finished writing and saved it before looking up and smiling sheepishly at him like she'd gotten caught with her hand in the cookie jar.
Anyway I've still got things I need to do, communications to make so I turned Bluetooth off on the watch, got in contact with the school, wife, work, checked email, etc.after we left. I made notes about his instructions while still there and he was flabbergasted that she was using a semi pda and I was using a watch as a pda.
I don't know if I'll ever get my Note4 back lol. She's using it for games as well as other Kids Mode applications.
Here she is "resting" in my den.
2a896f790ae35416a43d52d9fe4d6e39.jpg

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Nowhere else to out this. Didn't want to start a new thread.
Forgot my watch today. Nope, didn't enable the find my watch feature. Lol Got home and it was face down next to the sink...in a tiny puddle of water. The screen was laying face down in it. I'm talking just a little splash in the sink. It wasn't underwater or anything. Picked it up, dried it off, and.... Its perfectly fine. :D
Micro Aha Moment later. Logging into my Microsoft Account on my phone. 2 Step verification. Sends me a text. Hate those. Have to toggle back and remember that number....o wait. No I don't. Just read the number off my watch!

TapaTurbo

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'd actually be pretty surprised if the G watch couldn't sit in a little counter puddle for quite a while. It's water resistant and does well when handwashing, washing dishes, etc. If it was submerged in the porcelain throne or something, I'd expect it to take some damage and get a bit water-logged, but splashes are nothing.

I've used that trick with verification codes myself. Very handy, ESPECIALLY when logging in from the phone. I was logging in to my Microsoft account from my work PC the other day and did the same thing though. Though I'm a department head and technically allowed to have my phone, I didn't want to hear it from somebody walking buy who might've noticed me on my phone, looking like I was texting or on facebook or something. Instead, I just "checked my watch" for a bit longer than it should've taken to figure out the time. ;)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good point. Even then, I think it'd have to be more than just a little counter puddle. The mic's actually got a decent distance from the screen edge.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was at my daughter's dance recital this evening. It's deep I'm the bowels of a school auditorium so nobody on any carrier gets what you'd call usable data signal. During a break I decided to check out some stuff on the web and my phone couldn't grab a lock. Just for grins and burps I decided to try the data connection on the S. Low and behold,I was Google searching to the chagrin of those around me searching for that illusive signal and when 1 person asked me if it was an Apple watch I pointed to the guy next to me wearing one and said "that's an Apple watch. Does this look the same? ". He said "no , I didn't think the Apple watch had internet is why I asked". He asked if it was tethered to the phone,I pulled out my phone and showed him it was powered off. He said "man I wish I didn't have an iPhone right now, that's really neat".

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Today is the first day traveling by airplane since I bought my watch. Just landed in EST and turned my phone back on and as the phone & watch synced my watch displayed a "Time At Home" card to let me know what time it is at home. That's not a big deal going from CST to EST, pretty easy to keep track of myself. But that could be handy when traveling across multiple time zones.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Quick bump.
Sitting in the living room.
Watch upstairs on the charger. Phone in the kitchen.
I hear the phone make a notification sound.
You watch people know what I'm thinking.
Sigh....if I had the watch on, I'd know if I needed to go get that.

Almost a year now with the watch. 10 months? Still loving it.

Tap'n Turbo

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Quick bump.
Sitting in the living room.
Watch upstairs on the charger. Phone in the kitchen.
I hear the phone make a notification sound.
You watch people know what I'm thinking.
Sigh....if I had the watch on, I'd know if I needed to go get that.

Almost a year now with the watch. 10 months? Still loving it.

Tap'n Turbo
I know exactly what you mean....and still enjoying mine also. Feels weird without it the few times I do take it off.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Occasionally I go without it over a weekend, but religiously wear it M-F.

Tap'n Turbo

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Haven't worn mine since the "together" thing we did a while ago.