Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I received my first "aha" moment last night. The Tom Tom Nav in my Mazda 3 suddenly could not find a GPS signal, so I looked up an address with Google Maps and hit navigate. Just before a turn I received my notification to turn via my watch. I knew about the navigation on the watch, but it just surprised me... Aha!
It still surprises me on the occasion I use GPS. When I'm not traveling, I don't use it often. It's nice to get that little bit of extra feedback to alert you of upcoming turns.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It still surprises me on the occasion I use GPS. When I'm not traveling, I don't use it often. It's nice to get that little bit of extra feedback to alert you of upcoming turns.

Me too. I don't use Navigation often, but the two times I have since wearing the watch I forgot at first why my watch was vibrating. Then.... "Oh ya smart watch is helping me nav". Just one more cool little feature.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well, I just had one more. I watched a video on the iWatch thread. I didn't know that if you hard long-press our watch face it will take you straight to the pick a watch face settings screen. I knew how to get their from Settings, but not long pressing the screen itself. Thanks iWatch video...I learned something new today!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
So you've been switching watch faces strictly from the phone??

You can also hide the faces that are built in that you don't like from the app.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
So you've been switching watch faces strictly from the phone??

You can also hide the faces that are built in that you don't like from the app.

Sometimes from the phone for the newly bought faces and other time from the watch Settings. I just didn't know about the long press shortcut to get to the faces. My "a-ha" moment for this week.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Sometimes from the phone for the newly bought faces and other time from the watch Settings. I just didn't know about the long press shortcut to get to the faces. My "a-ha" moment for this week.
I think I saw that in a video before I even got the watch. I do it on accident when I cross my arms sometimes.

Personally, I tend to use the phone to change faces most of the time. Just feels faster & I like seeing a few in a row & having a few rows at a time vs one. Might be better on the watch itself if I'd hide the ones I don't care for. I keep meaning to do so.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think I saw that in a video before I even got the watch.

I knew I should have paid attention to those "all about" and "how to" videos! But then I wouldn't have nice a-ha moments to post here.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
LOL. I think I saw it in the Watch Tutorial when you first turn it on.
I do most of mine from the phone, too, but I always have to switch on the watch between Facer, and whatever other app I am using.
And I often find myself coming back to one of the Digital LG faces periodically, too. :D

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My boss, who is less than half my age told me today I make him feel old and out of touch. I asked why. He said watching me use my S and ask how it falls into the "no phones on the floor work policy" made him feel like he'd just landed on earth.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK, I have one more to share. I knew you could navigate using the watch, I have tried that a few times now. I knew that Google Now cards would help remind you when to leave for certain appointments, etc. But I never used Google Now very often until I got my watch. My wife has to take her dad to a hospital about an hour away this morning for a 6 month post-op check up. I put the event in our shared calendar with the full address so she could easily start navigation from her phone. A few minutes ago my watch vibrates and its a Google Now card saying "You should leave in 10 minutes..." There was even a Start Navigation now option as I swiped right. One more cool feature I was not aware of.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not so much an Aha moment, but I left my watch at home yesterday evening when I went to rehearsal. As I got a block or two away from the theater, my phone vibrated. Instinctively, I went to tilt my wrist up to see what the notification was, only to catch myself and realize I didn't have the watch on.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remembered I had errands to run AFTER starting the download of Lollipop on my Note4. Oh yeah I'll just use the watch. After getting out of range I felt it buzz and a message came up I was remotely connected, my wife called a short time later and I answered via Bluetooth. Then I remembered I'm using Handcent not the stock messaging app so I wasn't sure if I could get remote notifications too aftermarket apps and be able to reply. A little while later she sent me a text,I got it and was able to reply.
I think I'll try all day with no phone tomorrow to see how much I'll miss the phone.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

On the flip side, I am not real thrilled about what it does to my 360's battery life.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not so much an Aha moment, but I left my watch at home yesterday evening when I went to rehearsal. As I got a block or two away from the theater, my phone vibrated. Instinctively, I went to tilt my wrist up to see what the notification was, only to catch myself and realize I didn't have the watch on.

I've done this the 2 times I forgot my watch. LOL People must think I am crazy looking at my wrist.