Nexus 6P/5X
Eh? What is going on with these movies?

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
I laughed at his reaction when he saw Hulk enter the arena. Other than that just another Marvel movie that will make loads of money for Disney.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I laughed at his reaction when he saw Hulk enter the arena. Other than that just another Marvel movie that will make loads of money for Disney.
Yeah Thor's reaction to the hulk was literally everybody's reaction to seeing the hulk in the trailer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Yeah Thor's reaction to the hulk was literally everybody's reaction to seeing the hulk in the trailer.

The "we're coworkers" comment?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The "we're coworkers" comment?
No. The "yeah!!!!!"

There were rumors about them doing something from the planet hulk storyline and when I saw hulk in the planet hulk armor I was yelling "yeah!!!!" Right along with Thor.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
4c5b0c2ccc0ba.jpg

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Planet hulk? I'm glad I never read comic books

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
As a kid I read comic books, but when things started to get animated, starting with Xmen, comic books were a passing fancy. I saw the Planet Hulk movie some time back, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't realize this was paying homage to planet hulk until I saw the comment. The thing I don't get is, is this still happening in Thor's dimension, or is this happening in the Avenger's dimension, the same dimension as the "incident". If Thor is from a different dimension, does the earth exist in his dimension, or does he need to travel dimensions to get to the Avenger's?

I like how everything is sort of connected in the Marvel universe, but some things just don't vibe well. Like, where is everyone when "ish" is going down in NYC. Are they taking a vacation during the end of the world?

Oh, oh, and um..is the Xmen Mutant Earth the same Earth as the Avenger Earth? I want my scifi to make sense. I can't stand watching science fiction when there is no real science behind it, even if it is make believe.

So many questions, so little time.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Planet hulk? I'm glad I never read comic books
I haven't either but I saw the planet hulk animated marvel movie which was pretty good.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I hope they didn't spoil the movie with revealing Hulk. They could have had Thor say 'yeah' but never actually show Hulk.

It's kinda how I feel about the new fast and furious. So many trailers and clips that it's like damn I've just about seen the movie already lol.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
As a kid I read comic books, but when things started to get animated, starting with Xmen, comic books were a passing fancy. I saw the Planet Hulk movie some time back, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't realize this was paying homage to planet hulk until I saw the comment. The thing I don't get is, is this still happening in Thor's dimension, or is this happening in the Avenger's dimension, the same dimension as the "incident". If Thor is from a different dimension, does the earth exist in his dimension, or does he need to travel dimensions to get to the Avenger's?

I like how everything is sort of connected in the Marvel universe, but some things just don't vibe well. Like, where is everyone when "ish" is going down in NYC. Are they taking a vacation during the end of the world?

Oh, oh, and um..is the Xmen Mutant Earth the same Earth as the Avenger Earth? I want my scifi to make sense. I can't stand watching science fiction when there is no real science behind it, even if it is make believe.

So many questions, so little time.

To answer a few:

1. I'm pretty sure Asgard is in the same dimension- it's just somewhere in space.

EDIT: I was wrong. Asgard is in another dimension, and he does need to travel between them to get to earth. I do not believe there is a version of earth in his dimension.

2. No, Xmen universe has no connection because Fox owns the rights to them for movies, and the same is true for Fantastic Four. So, Marvel has to pretend they don't exist. They got a special deal with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but only if they called them Inhumans instead of Mutants.

I agree it's pretty funny that all Marvel heroes aren't present during these crazy, huge attacks. I'm sure it's just to avoid juggling too many characters at once, and the high cost for the actors involved.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The closest I have gotten to reading comics have been the movies and cartoons. But I will say that there are a few YT channels out there that do such a good job explaining the comic in such a way that it feels like a narration.

For those curious about the planet hulk story that then led to world war hulk and war breaker hulk you ought to check out this playlist. Not all 36 videos, just the ones in the time line from hulk being kicked off the planet of Earth until him becoming the unstoppable hulk.

The Incredible Hulk (Chronological Order): The Incredible Hulk (Chronological Order) - YouTube

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I hope they didn't spoil the movie with revealing Hulk. They could have had Thor say 'yeah' but never actually show Hulk.

It's kinda how I feel about the new fast and furious. So many trailers and clips that it's like damn I've just about seen the movie already lol.
Naww, we've known that Hulk is in this for months now. They had Hulks gladiator armor on display at Comic-Con back in July. I guess we didn't know he would be pitted against Thor, though.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
To answer a few:

1. I'm pretty sure Asgard is in the same dimension- it's just somewhere in space.

EDIT: I was wrong. Asgard is in another dimension, and he does need to travel between them to get to earth. I do not believe there is a version of earth in his dimension.

2. No, Xmen universe has no connection because Fox owns the rights to them for movies, and the same is true for Fantastic Four. So, Marvel has to pretend they don't exist. They got a special deal with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, but only if they called them Inhumans instead of Mutants.

I agree it's pretty funny that all Marvel heroes aren't present during these crazy, huge attacks. I'm sure it's just to avoid juggling too many characters at once, and the high cost for the actors involved.

So to understand. There are two Marvel Universes as far as cinematic (not animated) movies are concerned:

Marvel X-Men Universe and Marvel Superhero Universe.

MXU has mutants and any and everything pertaining to the Xmen story.

Marvel Superhero Universe includes other dimensions, including the dimension Thor is from.

The trailer makes it look like Thor is in the Asgard dimension. I thought in order to get there you needed to use Asgardian dimensional technology. Maybe not, maybe you just need to use whatever tech you have to traverse dimensions. There in lies the question, how did Hulk get there? Could he be a Hulk FROM A DIFFERENT DIMENSION???

:eek: