Thor Ragnarok teaser trailer

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by pc747, Apr 10, 2017.

1. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345
    The closest I have gotten to reading comics have been the movies and cartoons. But I will say that there are a few YT channels out there that do such a good job explaining the comic in such a way that it feels like a narration.

For those curious about the planet hulk story that then led to world war hulk and war breaker hulk you ought to check out this playlist. Not all 36 videos, just the ones in the time line from hulk being kicked off the planet of Earth until him becoming the unstoppable hulk.

The Incredible Hulk (Chronological Order): The Incredible Hulk (Chronological Order) - YouTube

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Naww, we've known that Hulk is in this for months now. They had Hulks gladiator armor on display at Comic-Con back in July. I guess we didn't know he would be pitted against Thor, though.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

#14 RyanPm40, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +504

So to understand. There are two Marvel Universes as far as cinematic (not animated) movies are concerned:

Marvel X-Men Universe and Marvel Superhero Universe.

MXU has mutants and any and everything pertaining to the Xmen story.

Marvel Superhero Universe includes other dimensions, including the dimension Thor is from.

The trailer makes it look like Thor is in the Asgard dimension. I thought in order to get there you needed to use Asgardian dimensional technology. Maybe not, maybe you just need to use whatever tech you have to traverse dimensions. There in lies the question, how did Hulk get there? Could he be a Hulk FROM A DIFFERENT DIMENSION???

:eek:

4. radon222

radon222 Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +741
    Ok so let me get this straight..

AntMan would be MSU, but Deadpool would be MXU?? o_O

5. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345
    Spoiler alert for those who have not seen the last avengers movie.

Planet Hulk the Illuminati (Frank Richards, Tony Stark, Black Panther, etc) banished hulk off the planet by sending him on a rocket somewhere else.

At the end of the avengers movie hulk was seen in a ship flying away, giving homage to that storyline in planet hulk.

So I could see (just my speculation) them going the route of maybe having him fly off and somehow have him come in contact with some either an alien ship or got sucked into some wormhole.

6. akhenax

akhenax Silver Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Avenger's age of Ultron? I didn't see Hulk in a ship.

7. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Yup, correct! Anything Xmen, Fantastic Four, Deadpool is Fox.

Same with Sony owning the rights to anything Spider-Man related. They have full control over those characters, but we just lucked out recently with Sony and MSU temporarily teaming up.

I think at this point, MSU has rights to everything else outside of Mutants, FF, and Spider-Man.

EDIT:

Oh, and to make things MORE confusing: Marvel has the rights to include the Hulk character in a movie (it's called 'Film Production' rights), but they don't have the rights to release a standalone film with him ('Film Distribution' rights). At this time, Universal is the studio that has the power to release a Hulk film.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

#20 RyanPm40, Apr 14, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345
    Perfectly explained my friend.

This is why we could not get a planet Hulk movie despite fans begging for it (outside of animation). But if segments of planet Hulk is part of about character's movie then that is legal.

Years back marvel sold off their characters to stay a float. At the time comic book movies were few. Now the industry is booming.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kinfolk248

kinfolk248 Active Member

Ratings:
    +139
    Of course a comic book nerd would say that

11. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +151
    Lol, and yet I've never been to a comic convention, and I've only ever read the Ultimate Spider-Man comics :).

Never seen a Thor flick, but I try to keep up with all things Marvel due to my insane Spider-Man obsession.

12. pc747

pc747 Regular Member
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +7,345
    Man the money they are making off of comics now. Even your hardcore alpha males are now up there in booths promoting some movie.

I'm not into comics either, but I'll admit I love the movies and the cartoons, but I'm begging for one of them marvel or DC checks. I'll be all up there in the convention with whatever headgear the character wears on backwards cocked to the side and counting the .

I have been to one convention to see what the hype was about, because it was in my town. Those conventions might as well be a who's who of stars promoting movies, signing autographs and taking pictures, and showing stingers.

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page

azs

news