This site seems to be the only slow one for me

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
After visiting several sites, I can say from the Droid this site is slow for me. The scrolling is a little laggy or sluggish and text input is a second behind. Is this how it is for everyone else too? All other sites work fine.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using the mobile site (m.droidforums.net)?? Loads fine for me.... but I'm using the xScope browser which is faster than the default.

OP
G

Grey Hawk

Reaction score
Nope. Using the standard browser and the normal site.

hyperlite456

Reaction score
It is for me also. I use another forum quite a bit and along with other websites, this one seems the most laggy on my droid.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just tried it and after a long while got a page not found. Hit the bookmark again and it came right up... Server issues?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Probably not 'server errors' as much as not optimizing for cells/pda... most other sites will stream down their sites (lower resolution ect) once they detect you're on a mobile phone/device. Since the admins here have been kind enough to develop a mobile version of the site specifically for mobile viewing they likely haven't included the other optimization code(s) (css templates ect.) for the normal site. Just a hunch though (that's what I do for the sites I maintain).

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
This site lags for me on my work and home PC... not just my phone. I think its the site.

billyidle

Reaction score
I don't seem to be having any issues with the mobile site on my droid. The full site on my PC is perfectly normal as well.

Reaction score
It definitely runs just fine on my computer. I think an issue we are going to have here is agreeing on what we deem laggy. Granted, there is a certain point where it's beyond doubt, for slight amounts, it is subjective. I'm used to snappy stuff, so it's unfair to expect the exact same from my phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not use the mobile version on your mobile phones?

Because I have a Droid and I like using the full version.:)

I too find this particular site lagging more then others, I've made mention of that in previous posts. I still think 2.0.1 has something to do with it but it depends on the site. Are those with 2.1 still seeing issues?

billyidle

Reaction score
Try the mobile version, it doesn't lag. Which means it's not a server issue. They aren't going to spend much time optimizing the full site for mobile phones when they have a full featured mobile site already running..
Not to mention, the mobile version is completely awesome, two clicks take you to Your Posts, among many other features that really make the experience gratifying, unlike most other mobile sites that just feel like cheap versions of the big versions.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Mine is just fine, I visit multiple forums, all in regular form on the standard broswer, no lag at all here.

RACEME

Reaction score
It is very slow for my on my work computer compared to other sites. It takes 1-2 minutes for each page to load, and sometimes it times out.