This site seems to be the only slow one for me

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is very slow for my on my work computer compared to other sites. It takes 1-2 minutes for each page to load, and sometimes it times out.

lol, well maybe it's something to do with your internet at work. They just installed new servers and as far as the computer goes on my end running road runner turbo, it's very fast.

RACEME

Reaction score
It is very slow for my on my work computer compared to other sites. It takes 1-2 minutes for each page to load, and sometimes it times out.

lol, well maybe it's something to do with your internet at work. They just installed new servers and as far as the computer goes on my end running road runner turbo, it's very fast.

The thing is that I visit at 10 other forum type sites regularly (some bigger, some smaller) and none of them are slow. This is the only one.

M

Matth3w

That's because your work site is most likely using a proxy and perhaps is doing extra checks on this site. Ads, or whatnot is slowing it down.

Believe me this is the case. This forum and the Corvette Forum I belong to are blazingly fast at home and slow as **** at work.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
OCed at 1.0, not bad surfing thru pages, but entering text is painfully slow.

Is there a setting I have wrong? All other sites are fine.
Gonna try mobile site.

Wow, thanks. Mobile site flies. As long as its the same, I'm gonna use it.

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

What ROm are you running? I have BB v7 (2.1) and after upgrading from the 2.0.1 ROM it uses the actual MT browser so no real typing lag compared to before with the ported Milestone browser.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
DroidMod 1.0 with milestone browser.

Just tried the mobile site and it works great. Will use that on my phone from now on.

M

Matth3w

The old milestone browser sucks. That's most likely your issue.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Back to the hack forums for me tonite. Is there something that works well with DM? This has been the only issue I've had and now its not an issue with the mobile site.

M

Matth3w

I don't know enough about DM. I use bugless beast and he uses the actual browser now instead of the milestone. Not sure if it's just that or a combination of that and something else that fixed the problem mostly for me.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I've been considering BB. Looks like I will be doing some research this week.
Thanks to all the hard work by the members and developers its here rite here.

BzB

Reaction score
using the full site, not the mobile version, it is slightly choppy for me too. my droid is rooted and oc'd. i don't notice the choppiness on other sites i visit. i'm thinking it must have something to do with the graphics being used here. not a big deal, but is slightly noticeable.