This question may be redundant but...

tehpriest

Reaction score
I sent my phone back today for exchange and will be getting a Galaxy S instead. I have backed up my apps via Astro to a SD card. Do I just install Astro and restore them or do I do it manually from the SD card .apk's. Also some of my paid apps did not back up. Do I assume these will be in the Download section of market when I set the new phone up or will I have to search for them again.

cromo8

Reaction score
all paid apps will be in your market as purchased if you use the same gmail account

as far as your apps yes that will work for you

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Wow that was quick. Great so my paid apps will be in the market. Do I need Astro to restore the backed up ones or do I just do it manually?

cromo8

Reaction score
you need astro and you will need to restore one by one

haha yeah i try to help as much as i can as fast as i can, i work for vzw and tmobile so i spend the whole day on here( when i work)

OP
tehpriest

tehpriest

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Bit of a bummer one by one with over 80 apps LOL

I am with T-Mob and I am finding their CS excellent. Same here :rating10:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you get your new phone and activate your Google account, I would give your phone sufficient time to sync with your account. I believe all (paid and free) are associated with your account and will reload.

Mike

cromo8

Reaction score
When you get your new phone and activate your Google account, I would give your phone sufficient time to sync with your account. I believe all (paid and free) are associated with your account and will reload.

Mike
that is incorrect as i have had 7 different droid 1's as replacements my apps never reloaded its always finding them again until my 3rd one when i rooted i just do titanium

harrellj

Reaction score
The backup that Google puts on the cloud does grab some free apps, but it is weird which ones it grabs. I'd say let everything sync and prepare to uninstall ones you don't want and install from backups your missing apps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike
that is incorrect as i have had 7 different droid 1's as replacements my apps never reloaded its always finding them again until my 3rd one when i rooted i just do titanium

Thanks for the clarification. I based my reply on my experiences --- whenever I changed roms and wiped data and cache my apps (free and paid) reloaded. My most recent experience was moving to FROYO. Every app (free and paid) reloaded. I'm still on my original Droid and have been rooted for quite sometime so perhaps that may cause different outcomes. Again, this has been my experience, obviously, you experiences have been different.
Mike