This could be the first time in awhile I look to Samsung

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've said on a number of occasions that I was done with Samsung. Poor performance, lack of substantial updates, Touchwiz, all turn me away from Samsung.

Thankfully Google was around with their Nexus and pixel line. But now could be the first year I look at the new Pixel phone with disgust. No true upgrade besides the processor, which may not be enough to justify an upgrade even if coming from the Pixel.

We still have a few months before Google could pull out a miracle shocker for us. But if we get a 4GB pixel I could pull a @Preach2k and skip on this pixel like he skipped last year's note 8.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've said on a number of occasions that I was done with Samsung. Poor performance, lack of substantial updates, Touchwiz, all turn me away from Samsung.

Thankfully Google was around with their Nexus and pixel line. But now could be the first year I look at the new Pixel phone with discuss. No true upgrade besides the processor may not be enough to justify an upgrade even if coming from the Pixel.

We still have a few months before Google could pull out a miracle shocker for us. But if we get a 4GB pixel I could pull a @Preach2k and skip on this pixel like he skipped last year's note 8.

I forgot to add that Samsung turned a lot of that around with the S9+ (minus the updates of course) .

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
But if we get a 4GB pixel I could pull a @Preach2k and skip on this pixel like he skipped last year's note 8.

Galaxy Note 9 here I Come!!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have WAYYYYY too heavy of a launcher...I don't know if the lag and sometimes freezing/malfunction is a a limitation in the apps, or if it's 3GB of memory in my phone.....

In any event, I'll probably not upgrade to anything less than 6GB memory. +1GB from what I have currently doesn't seem like much headroom the way system & app demand for RAM keeps growing.

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
So excited to know what else Samsung can come up with in the future

Ankit_saiyan

Reaction score
Never bought a samsung phone because their budget variants never worth it and flagship variants are out of budget.
But i think S9+ is a good phone and also the Note series? I don't like google pixel series as you said no improvement over previous also I don't like its design.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk