Pixel and Pixel XL Official Specs

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Earlier today Google hosted an event in Silicon Valley to launch a few new phones among other new products. The Pixel and Pixel XL smartphones were indeed the stars of the show. It seems that every year we see less and less surprises when it comes to smartphone releases. Pretty much all the info we saw in leaks about these two devices came to pass at the announcement event. Now we have an official specs list for the devices.

The Pixel is the smaller of the two units. It has a 5" AMOLED 1080P display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor, 4GB of Ram, 2770mah battery, 12.3MP camera with 1.55um pixels and f2.0 aperature, 32/128GB of storage, usb type c, 3.5mm headphone jack, Google imprint fingerprint scanner, and an aluminum unibody with polished glass combo.

The Pixel XL is the same as above but has a 5.5" AMOLED QHD display and 3450mah battery. Both will be the first to include Android 7.1.

Colors for both phones include "really blue", "quite black", and "very silver". The Pixel starts out at $649 and the Pixel XL starts out at $749. Is anyone else finding it hard to pull the trigger on these devices?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I have a "really blue pixel"....yea that's not happening.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

tet-bundy

Reaction score
Not convinced by the design. Not at all actually.
Also the blue version looks nearly as awful as the red galaxy s3 times ago haha
I do like the two variants being available though i wonder why it's "pixel and pixel xl" instead of "pixel and pixel mini" doesn't sound like good marketing strategy to me haha

Gesendet von meinem du_onyx mit Tapatalk

ryex

Reaction score
No removable battery, no sd card slot?
Doesn't seem much of an upgrade from my Galaxy S5.
I think I'll pass for now too.

badtoy1986

Reaction score
No removable battery, no sd card slot?
Doesn't seem much of an upgrade from my Galaxy S5.
I think I'll pass for now too.
There hasn't been a google device with those features since what, the Galaxy Nexus?

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I don't understand why Google doesn't keep up with other manufactures and produce beefed up phones...smh...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Specs on paper don't always add up to a good user experience. Personally, I really don't care what the paper specs are on any phone I buy. I look for a phone that I think looks good (don't care what others think about it) and provides a smooth, intuitive user experience. Most people I know just go by the way it looks, and the price... never bother to read a spec sheet. I think only us "tech needs" pay much attention to the spec sheet. If they can provide an awesome user experience with their "new style" mostly-pure Android and this new Assistant they might have a hit on their hands. Just my 2 cents worth.

This phone, the possible Moto X Pure 2016, and the Z Force are on my late 2016 radar.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Specs on paper don't always add up to a good user experience.

This is true; or it could go the other way...the user experience may even exceed what the paper specs are. The first-gen Moto X I had may not have looked like much on paper, but I thought Motorola did a good job with the software to maximize the hardware's capabilities.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
This is true; or it could go the other way...the user experience may even exceed what the paper specs are. The first-gen Moto X I had may not have looked like much on paper, but I thought Motorola did a good job with the software to maximize the hardware's capabilities.
Perfect example! Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk