This Android 2.2,Why so expensive ?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
thats pretty cheap, i think. isnt the samsung galaxy tab is like 500?

OP
K

know889

Reaction score
:happy:
" And it's way cheaper than an ipad."
So, it really was great. Ha ha. I should buy it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

on 10/28 Verizon will be selling the iPads. I have no idea what the price will be, you may want to hold off until then and see. I don't much about either of them really, I might look into the iPad myself since I already have a mac for compatibility reasons. I do believe that you have to purchase data for the iPad and I think I heard 1 megabyte for 20.00.:icon_eek:

We will have to see.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
thats pretty cheap, i think. isnt the samsung galaxy tab is like 500?

One major advantage of the Galaxy tablet, though, is a capacitive multitouch display. The device in the link uses a low-end resistive display (which means no multitouch, and you don't get the nice 'touch' of a capacitive panel)

For a 600MHz A8-based device with a 7" resistive display, the price is just a tad bit high, i'm thinking it should be more in the $150-$200 range.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

on 10/28 Verizon will be selling the iPads. I have no idea what the price will be, you may want to hold off until then and see. I don't much about either of them really, I might look into the iPad myself since I already have a mac for compatibility reasons. I do believe that you have to purchase data for the iPad and I think I heard 1 megabyte for 20.00.:icon_eek:

We will have to see.

The iPad will be the WiFi model (no built-in 3G) but it will be bundled with the MiFi device for wireless connectivity. Pricing is as follows, according to VZW's site:

$629.99 - 16GB; $729.99 - 32GB; $829.99 - 64GB

Unleash the iPad on Verizon Wireless

the pricing comes out a few bucks cheaper than purchasing the iPad and MiFi device seperately.

You do have to purchase data since it's connectivity uses the MiFi; which uses the Mobile Broadband plan. Pricing is pretty high. Truthfully, you'd be better off buying the iPad from Apple, and grabbing a MiFi from Virgin Mobile. That way, at least you could have unlimited 3G data for $40/month (which will get you 250MB on Verizon's plan) - the initial cost would be ~$25 more, but you'd save that much the first month.