How about Google Android 2.2 with 3G Wi-Fi?

litty12

Reaction score

I always wanted to buy a Google Android 2.2. Is this real Google Android 2.2 with 3G Wi-Fi? It is so cheap! It looks very fine! I don't know whether to buy one.

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
A little searching around reveals that it has a resistive screen, so multi-touch is out. I saw one video demo where the guy was using a stylus of some sort. 3G is supposed to be supplied by some kind of external device.

I think it would be a disappointment for anyone who already uses an Android phone.

Wait a little longer. There will be better tablets soon. If you start saving now you'll have more money to get what you really want. If not, this tablet and others like it will drop to dirt cheap when the better tablets really hit the market.

OP
L

litty12

Reaction score
It is said that the Google Android 2.2 is hard to update, is it?

james4133

Reaction score
Android 2.3 has not been officiially released, so it is hard to say if this tab will be hard to update beyond the 2.2 it comes installed with.

That said, I don't work for Google, but I've had my orig.droid since april, have run numerous ROMS and never have had a problem with updating 2.2 from one version to the next, nor with the apps.

The resistive touchscreen would be a big detractor for me. It'd be a real downgrade from a good capacitive screen.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

pyro6128

Reaction score
People give that thing positive ratings and they don't even own it, theyre just asking questions.