Thinking about switching from Sprint to Verizon. Have a question...

BPHusker

Reaction score
I am sick and tired of the slow data speeds on Sprint and am thinking of paying the ETF and going to Verizon. Instead of signing up for a contract and getting an S4, I am thinking about trying to find a used S3 or Droid DNA and porting my Sprint number over and signing up. Is that possible? I want to switch to Verizon now, but really don't want to enter into a contract being only 6-8 months away from the S5 or the next HTC.

OP
B

BPHusker

Reaction score
There's a few phones I've been looking at on Swappa. A few of the good ones are rooted and I was wondering if Verizon will flip out if I bring in a rooted phone to get activated.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
They won't even notice. You can usually activate your own phone by calling the activation number which is all they do in the store.

OP
B

BPHusker

Reaction score
They won't even notice. You can usually activate your own phone by calling the activation number which is all they do in the store.

I probably can't so that since I don't have a Verizon account yet. I'd be switching from Sprint.

OP
B

BPHusker

Reaction score
The one I was looking at has a custom rom. Do they have to reboot the phone or anything? I'd think they would get all *****y if they saw a custom boot screen.

jamjr74

Reaction score
They won't care! Rooting only voids your warranty and if your bringing a device that doesn't matter anyway.

Galaxy S4!!!

jamjr74

Reaction score
If your nervous you could even call and set up service at 1-800-verizon and they will mail u a sim card.

Galaxy S4!!!