Thermometer For Moto DROID

harlock

Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm not aware that this feature exists.

I'd LOVE for there to be an on-board digital thermometer. Getting the weather from a station miles and miles away, and even through altitude differences, is not very accurate. For example, when I go hiking, I'll bust out my TriCorder App for altitude & compass features. I often would like to know the actual temperature right then and there. I know I can get a cheap thermometer as a stand alone item, but if this was built-in to the device it would be AMAZING!

googlelover

Reaction score
As far as I know, there are no phones out that have a thermometer built-in. I mean you could let your phone sit on a cpu/battery temp app and hope the cpu/battery cools to the air temperature, but thats about it.

OP
H

harlock

Reaction score
@googlelover - that's an idea worth experimenting with! Too bad they don't just put one in there though - oh well.

googlelover

Reaction score
Just realized why putting a thermometer in a phone wouldn't work, if your owkring the phone hard it would read the temp incorrectly cause the phone would heat it.

glemery007

Reaction score
Just found this thread while researching the Droid Razr for backwoods hiking, etc - Anyone know of (or used) external bluetooth based temp/weather sensors with their Razr or any other Android for that matter....or know of any in development?

Many Thanks!

Glenn