EMF Detector for Droid?

jrpowell01

Reaction score
okay, so I don't know if this is possible for Driod, but I know that Iphone and touch have multiple EMF detector apps.

Of course, everybody by now knows what emf detectors are with like every tv station having some sort of paranormal show, and I would assume that an EMF detector would get very popular considering how other apps like Ghost Radar have become.

I don't know if an EMF detector would be possible, but hell I would pay $10 for the app myself if it worked. I know the ones on Iphone work with the compass feature or something like that possibly. Is this possible for Droid or anyone workin on it?

here are a couple that i saw from iPhone:
iPhone Apps - Ghost Hunter EMF by John Cotant : AppAdvice - AppBase
[video=youtube;O3rMyor2ips]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3rMyor2ips&feature=player_embedded[/video]

rathat

Reaction score
The Droid, like the 3GS has a built in compass to go along with the GPS. The compass detects the magnitude and orientation of the earths or whatever is close to its magnetic field. So yeah you could do this.

rathat

Reaction score
And I'm sure, if ghosts were real, they wouldn't have an electromagnetic field.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And I'm sure, if ghosts were real, they wouldn't have an electromagnetic field.

Thank you. I had no idea what an EMF dectector was. Without your post I stil wouldn't. Now I can live life in peace.:hail:

OP
J

jrpowell01

Reaction score
re:

well thanks but that ghost radar thing isn't exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping to just find an EMF detector. I think it would be a great idea for someone to make an app like that. The Ipod / Iphones have a ton of these apps for sale and are making a killing on their market. I'm sure it would be able to make a ton of money here on the Android market. :motdroidhoriz:

Last edited:
OP
J

jrpowell01

Reaction score
here's another Iphone 3GS EMF detector app. :
FastApp - EMF Detector - Utilities appstore and app finder for iPhone / iPod Touch, 3G, 3Gs
mzl.wvctrcqr.480x480-75.jpg

Droid totally needs an app like this..

Last edited:

SGTiger

Reaction score
OP
J

jrpowell01

Reaction score
Tricorder displays a running graph of EMF. Here's the link:

Tricorder v4.4 Application for Android | Tools

Thank you! That app works well but the magnetic field detector is somewhat weak. Still would to see one come out like the iphone ones

Just an FYI, tap the Vector section and it will go into Relative mode which will make the readings appear much more sensitive to minor changes in the field strength.

Why does the field strength change so dramatically when I rotate the phone in relative mode?

SGTiger

Reaction score
Thank you! That app works well but the magnetic field detector is somewhat weak. Still would to see one come out like the iphone ones

Just an FYI, tap the Vector section and it will go into Relative mode which will make the readings appear much more sensitive to minor changes in the field strength.

Why does the field strength change so dramatically when I rotate the phone in relative mode?

I don't know much about this app, but a little experimentation with a magnet tells me the sensor knows in what the direction the magnet field is. For example holding a magnet in different areas show that the vector section at the top changes to a different corner when you move the magnet to a different corner.

So when you tilt the Droid is it measuring the magnet field more from the direction that you are pointing it at? This would explain why the magnitude changes depending upon the direction you point it at. I don't know, just guessing. Play with a magnet a little bit, and you'll see what I mean. However as you probably know, don't get the magnet too close or it will send the Droid into dock mode.

rathat

Reaction score
Put it up to an AC adapter and watch the alternating current.