Theming Question

Taco

Reaction score
I recently returned to MIUI running 1.3.18 Froyo and I was wondering where I could find themes seeing as theme downloader app only displays 5 themes.

Thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

chewy74

Reaction score
read the ROM's thread in OP

Have Rom Manager automatically download zip on your phone (suggest downloading on wifi)
You must enable Web Connect in Rom Manager on your phone to enable this option

Themes available HERE

Themers: Excellent guide on creating MIUI themes HERE

ER

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
The thread for the version I'm running doesn't have a link to themes and most of the themes on that site are for June releases and beyond if I'm not mistaken.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The thread for the version I'm running doesn't have a link to themes and most of the themes on that site are for June releases and beyond if I'm not mistaken.

That is just one of the issues with using older froyo builds. The themes that are available through the theme manager are hosted by China. I don't know if they have kept many themes that are compatible with the older theme manager format. Most themes have been updated to work on the new theme manager and are no longer compatible with older builds. You will need to find themes that were created for 1.3.18 or earlier builds.

You can have froyo, but you can't get any of the features from the gb builds. That is why I (and really anybody) have not spent time trying to resurrect old froyo builds. You get froyo with all of the froyo bugs and froyo feature set. Without source, it will be practically impossible to fix any of the froyo bugs or add any of the gb features.

chewy74

Reaction score
my bad, i didn't notice you were asking about older builds...

i think the theme's that are stickied in this section have some older themes that were never updated to GB. I know the Galaxy theme worked because I use it on the FROYO build before updating...

give that a try
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/99864-miui-dev-themes.html

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
I really wanted to load a gb version and its been a while since I have run a gb rom. I had all but bad luck with emails and txts not pushing etc. Is that fixed now? And I really don't want to partition my sd card for swap and stuff I think its on its way out :/

BUT is there good reasons that the gb versions are better minus being up to date?

And thanks chewy ill probably give them a try.

chewy74

Reaction score
^speaking for myself, GB ROM's in general have gone from unusable - to - 'doable' with its continous updates and improvements. The problem is you have to constantly tweak memory settings & monitor memory usage, and what apps are running in the background. so I don't feel its a flash, and leave it alone type of ROM. You have to babysit it...

I definitely dont feel GB is up to a 'everyday use' type of ROM for the D1. As good as i've had GB running, I'll never know if i'll be able to answer that incoming call, or if my phone will soft reboot when I launch navigation, or if the incoming txt will lock up my phone or not.

My suggestion is to try GB because it's come a long way from the beginings and having gone between froyo miui vs. GB miui i can honestly say GB UI blows froyo versions away. just the visuals are orgasmic...blend that in with the smooth ports by the team, its kept me coming back despite GB's short-comings.

nandroid backup current version and flash the latest build. worse case you restore and never look back...but i doubt you will.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
I must say the old locksscreen from back in the day was what kept me loading miui roms even tho my phone would soft reset 10 times a day.

So far this froyo has been solid. Do you know if the froyo versions are affected by the sms glitch that plagued other roms where txts go to wrong contacts? I was running rooted 2.2.2 which fixed my problem ... I don't wanna get in trouble for sending **** to my boss that was intended for a buddy.

cowsquad

Reaction score
Yesterday I was using froyo 1.3.11 on my opinion is very stable. Plus meizu theme 9 from thomy. I like it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

chewy74

Reaction score
to be honest, i've never had that issue on ANY GB ROM's so i cannot give yo uan opinon on that. The only SMS problem i've ran into with GB is not receiving txt

have you seen the new 5 way lockscreens yet? they blow away the old styled lockscreens

I must say the old locksscreen from back in the day was what kept me loading miui roms even tho my phone would soft reset 10 times a day.

So far this froyo has been solid. Do you know if the froyo versions are affected by the sms glitch that plagued other roms where txts go to wrong contacts? I was running rooted 2.2.2 which fixed my problem ... I don't wanna get in trouble for sending **** to my boss that was intended for a buddy.

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
I saw it on the theme site it looks sweet ... I love this rom to death and my phone upgrade will be to one that is able to run miui.

I might break down and flash a gb version next stable or dev build whichever comes up this Friday.

chewy74

Reaction score
cool. report back and dont give up until you talk to some peeps around here. a lot of knowledge pooled here that can help you through some of the bugs...

good luck

OP
Taco

Taco

Reaction score
Will do ... I've been itching to get back to this rom since I originally flashed it back in November and the froyo has come a looooong way! Knock on wood no soft resets yet so I can deal with the few little things that bug me.

Thanks for all your import ... ill be giving mine in the new builds now instead of just reading!