help zipping themes with mac osx 10.6.5

undroath2death

Reaction score
ive posted on the miui-dev page but no fix yet, i was wondering if anyone here could help...

the problem is that on mac osx 10.6.5 once i download a theme, then unzip it and modify any icons or anything within the zip, then load it to miui/themes and try to install the theme, it goes back to the previous theme installed or the stock theme. i have even attempted to download a theme fresh from online, unzip it, then zip it back up with no modifications whatsoever, then load it back to miui/themes and try to install it, but it just restarts to the stock theme. (this is what leads me to believe that its something to do with osx compression or something when zipping)

does anyone know of a zip tool for mac that works? ive tried like 20 and they all mess up. on another note i do own a copy of windows but really don't want to dual boot windows and osx at the moment, id really appreciate it if anyone knows a way around this other than installing windows. thanks!

i hope that makes sense lol =\

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try 7zip (first) or Winzip (Second)

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
your gonna hve to go windows, i too run a mac and modded some metamorphs. they wouldnt unzip, i had to select iles manually after unzipping myself. osx zips differently and for some reason android dont like it.

bustadroid

Reaction score
I have a mac as well. It is impossible to zip themes back up to work on miui. I had to use my windows laptop to zip up my themes.