[theme] Black notification bar Milestone 2.0.1 & 2.1 *update and compatibility fix*

brendanmurphy

Reaction score
The default launcher does not work after installing the sense theme. Not that it matters as I use launcher pro just thought I would let you know

don't have my milestone right now to test, which version did you use (Can, EU, Brazil?) and does it just FC or is it missing?

Also anyone notice issues with the default launcher using the Flat Black theme?

Using the Telus Milestone. When i try to run the standard home i get a fc

" The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I will hit force close and it keeps happening.

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
The default launcher does not work after installing the sense theme. Not that it matters as I use launcher pro just thought I would let you know

don't have my milestone right now to test, which version did you use (Can, EU, Brazil?) and does it just FC or is it missing?

Also anyone notice issues with the default launcher using the Flat Black theme?

Using the Telus Milestone. When i try to run the standard home i get a fc

" The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

I will hit force close and it keeps happening.

Ya I will test it when i get my milestone back, until then use Launcher pro
**Adding to known issues

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
added a poll to the forum, please take the time to vote for the theme your using! :)

Barsoum89

Reaction score
a couple of things to note on the TELUS milestone

after typing in
"su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtd/mtdblock6 /system
cp -f /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework"

phone rebooted itself

also, the clock on the notification bar is black

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
re

a couple of things to note on the TELUS milestone

after typing in
"su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/mtd/mtdblock6 /system
cp -f /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework"

phone rebooted itself

also, the clock on the notification bar is black

go back into terminal, use the same commands but this time push the services.jar, the restart inbetween is normal some do it some dont (mine does it)

Barsoum89

Reaction score
go back into terminal, use the same commands but this time push the services.jar, the restart inbetween is normal some do it some dont (mine does it)

sweet, i did just as you said and its looking good

thanks for the quick reply and the help, i appreciate all the developers/programmers for this phone

Axiol

Reaction score
I would have a question : what files did you edit to make this ? I know for the icon, but for the text color, where is it (in service.jar ? If not, what's its utility ? ) ?

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
I would have a question : what files did you edit to make this ? I know for the icon, but for the text color, where is it (in service.jar ? If not, what's its utility ? ) ?

The services.jar file makes the clock and date white - you can use mine if all you want is a white date/time

There are 3 other files in the framework that controls the other colors in the notification area (the different headers etc)

Follow this guide, should give you everything you need to know

[Guide] Change notification/clock/pull down text colors - Android Forums

jiffypophead

Reaction score
I just did this on my Telus Milestone.. works amazing.. also rebooted after 2nd line of code but pushed the services.jar afterwards and works great.. what i've been looking for!!! THANKS!

chad_petree

Reaction score
any chance on getting "white date" on the brazil versions? also what do u mean by "" Stock home screen FC" ?

Last edited:
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Re:

any chance on getting "white date" on the brazil versions? also what do u mean by "" Stock home screen FC" ?

I can look into the white date for brazil when i get a chance and i think some people have been having problems with the defailt home screen not showing up and saying "this app needs to close" but havent been able to replicate the issue. Either way if you get it or not everyone should just be using launcher pro (where it works just fine).

chad_petree

Reaction score

I can look into the white date for brazil when i get a chance and i think some people have been having problems with the defailt home screen not showing up and saying "this app needs to close" but havent been able to replicate the issue. Either way if you get it or not everyone should just be using launcher pro (where it works just fine).

i use launcher pro, it rocks but i do not know what u mean by fc ( im not from the us :) )

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Re:

The program just stops working and gives you an error and askes you if you want to "force close the program" which is basically says "it stopped working so do you want to close/quit the program?", if you dont get it dont worry about it, from what i understand it happens to a few people but not all

If you need more info just google it, or youtube a video of it happening to android

chad_petree

Reaction score
The program just stops working and gives you an error and askes you if you want to "force close the program" which is basically says "it stopped working so do you want to close/quit the program?", if you dont get it dont worry about it, from what i understand it happens to a few people but not all

If you need more info just google it, or youtube a video of it happening to android

oh yeah , now i get it , fc= force close , i just didnt know what "fc" stand for , its cleared up now thanks!

kraken

Reaction score
Just installed it, had the market FC bug but fixed it with your instructions.
I was looking for a black bar since I got my milestone.
That's awesome thanks mate.