[theme] Black notification bar Milestone 2.0.1 & 2.1 *update and compatibility fix*

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by averma1, May 25, 2010.

1. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Re:

The program just stops working and gives you an error and askes you if you want to "force close the program" which is basically says "it stopped working so do you want to close/quit the program?", if you dont get it dont worry about it, from what i understand it happens to a few people but not all

If you need more info just google it, or youtube a video of it happening to android

2. chad_petree

chad_petree Member

Ratings:
    +0
    oh yeah , now i get it , fc= force close , i just didnt know what "fc" stand for , its cleared up now thanks!

3. kraken

kraken New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed it, had the market FC bug but fixed it with your instructions.
    I was looking for a black bar since I got my milestone.
    That's awesome thanks mate.

4. truthlesshero

truthlesshero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i just wanted to say to averma1...

after thousands of different attempts, this actually worked
    and i want to bear your children

5. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hahahaha lol thats always good to hear. Carefull i might take you up on that :icon_eek: j/k j/k

6. truthlesshero

truthlesshero New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only thing I can't get to work is my notification text..it's still black. I only pushed the jar file because I have like a thousand things changed on my milestone and I don't want them affected. Do you know of the way that I can changed only the notification text colour to white?
    thanks!

7. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Not sure what you mean but the framework-res.apk - contains the changed status bar, as well it modifies the notifications to show up white (so when you get a txt and it scrolls on the top)

The services.jar is only resonsible for making the clock and date white, everything else is in the framework.

Both need to be applied for it to look right

8. truthlesshero

truthlesshero New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah....I saw the framework contained the bar and all that...
    the problem is that I had already made and applied my own bar (it has a light transparency on it with a slight fade, all black)
    so the only I needed was the clock and date (thank you!) And the notification text...I saw a few threads talking about some xml files..I may have modified the wrong one..or incorrectly 'cause I haven't been able to get it yet..
    so to sum it up...I just need the notifications text changed to white, nothing else, hehe..
    let me know what you think or if you could post how you did that, it'd be great...thanks!

edit: p.s. I downloaded the framework-res.apk in system/framework then edit the xml files with "status bar" in them searching the hex editor with 08 00 00 1C and changing all the next characters to FF (since I want white notifications colours), then re-added them to the apk and since it doesn't need to be signed (i was told) i just copied and overwrote the framework-res.apk again...if i do the push method, it doesn't change anything at all, and if i use root explorer, the phone jams...

#80 truthlesshero, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  9. IReallyWantADroid

Ratings:
    +0
    i love this sense theme! its so hot! i wish i could get the sense music player and weather flip clock!

10. viiinz

viiinz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    does anyone happen to have the original files for the notification bar? i managed to load the black bars on mine, but i forgot to make a backup of the original. would really appreciate if someone could upload it or what.

im using a milestone bought in singapore btw, if that helps. And i used the EU sense theme on it. cheers!

11. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The original eu files were posted earlier in this thread by axol, you can get them there if their still up

12. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Ive seen a lot of flip clocks that look exactly like the sense one, also the 3 music player (search rock on in market) is a good one compared to stock. Worth a look at, has a widget similar to sense

Search tags for this page

android 2.1 black status bar

android notification panel theme
black bar themes

black notification bar milestone

download black notification bar for android 2.1
leaf in notification bar
make your notification drawer black
motorola milestone 3 notification icons
status bar milestone 2
thema black android 2.1