[theme] Black notification bar Milestone 2.0.1 & 2.1 *update and compatibility fix*

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Re: [theme] Black notification bar Milestone 2.0.1 & 2.1

use your backup to get everything working, which software version are you using and what region is the phone from?

once its back up delete the framework apk from your sd card and type this into your terminal
su
cp -f /system/framework/framework-res.apk /sdcard/
it should extract your default framework to the root of your SD card. then just post it somewhere i can download it and ill theme it for you

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Axiol

Reaction score
It's the 2.1 EU version. Here is the .apk : HERE

[EDIT]

Feedback from a friend : after install it, can't get any app from the Market. It makes a force close :/

Last edited:
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Help

When I enter the command SU in the terminal emulator, the error occurs as seen on screen:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/members/antunisac-albums-screen-picture1325-cap201005261634.jpg

how do I do?

Thanks

Do you have root? try a different terminal emulator I use "android terminal emulator" by jack palevich , just search "android terminal" and let me know if that works.

[EDIT]

Feedback from a friend : after install it, can't get any app from the Market. It makes a force close :/

Edit:**Market FC issue resolved - see first post for directions**

for you try applying only the Framework-res.apk from the frist post. it should be cross platform. (you might have to pull the battery if it hangs on restart)

If that doesn't work try this modified framework from the apk you provided, see if it applies (your clock and other fonts may go missing, thats in a different file) let me know if it works. also what carrier are you with
EU test framework v1: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1Tco8Vp4APbMjkyNmU5Y2ItZDQyNS00MDQyLWFmOGMtNzg3MDcyYmYzZmVk&hl=en

Also from now can everyone post their carrier & os version so i can track the versions that work

Last edited:

antunisac

Reaction score
thanks, I've got to run the terminal emulator.

But got no success in replacing res.apk, my milestone restart and not passed the logo screen Motorola.

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score

But got no success in replacing res.apk, my milestone restart and not passed the logo screen Motorola.

:icon_eek:

what version and carrier are you on? it seems the milestone the same framework across the versions, so try applying just the framework-res.apk from the first post.

if it still does't work try the modded framework in the post above and let me know

Last edited:
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
I just tested out the euro framework on my Telus one, it worked (had to remove the battery) but it worked!
proves Framework is cross platform

For those who can't get past moto boot screen, try applying only Framework-res.apk and leaving the services.jar

let me know if it works

Last edited:
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Market FC resolved - If you get this error see first post for fix dancedroid

antunisac

Reaction score

what version and carrier are you on? it seems the milestone uses different framework across the versions, if your in the EU you can try the modded framework in the post above. if that doesn't work follow directions in post 16 and get me the file with your carrier, region, and the version your using (2.1 2.0.1)

I used 2.1 brazilian retail.

framework 2.1 brazilian retail

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score

what version and carrier are you on? it seems the milestone uses different framework across the versions, if your in the EU you can try the modded framework in the post above. if that doesn't work follow directions in post 16 and get me the file with your carrier, region, and the version your using (2.1 2.0.1)

After i posted that i continued testing, The framework should be cross platform (i was able to flash EU framework onto my Canadian milestone),

if you can try applying the theme in this order

1. framework-res from post #18 - let me know if it breaks
2. framework-res from post #1 - let me know if it breaks
3. services.jar from post #1 - let me know if it breaks

if it hangs on boot pull the battery and try booting again

if none of those work i'll make a brazil specific version

Last edited:
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score

After i posted that i continued testing, The framework should be cross platform (i was able to flash EU framework onto my Canadian milestone),

if you can try applying the theme in this order

1. framework-res from post #18 - let me know if it breaks
2. framework-res from post #1 - let me know if it breaks
3. services.jar from post #1 - let me know if it breaks

if it hangs on boot pull the battery and try booting again

if none of those work i'll make a brazil specific version

Just tried on mine, brazil files are different, i'll get you a version soon

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Brazil Theme ready for testing, a known issue is that your date won't show up when you slide the bar down, otherwise should be perfect, Enjoy! :)

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score

[EDIT]

Get me the services.jar and i'll just finish it, EU specific - what carrier are you with.

su
cp -f /system/framework/services.jar /sdcard/

Axiol

Reaction score
Still want it ? Because the Uninstall Updates way works. I've installed it, so if I give you my services.jar, it'll be the same as your, no ?

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
thanks for testing

if it works then don't worry about it and thanks for testing, how is it anyways? anything youthink could be better?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk