[Theme] Droid X, Sense, Flat Black + Theme Tutorial

dmo580

Reaction score
I tried running the Galaxy S one and wow it totally messed up my phone.. lol.

endless FC loop. thank goodness for Nandroid.

Edit: Might be because I'm using the Fast & Light Telus Backup from XDA? I guess I need the original Framework-res cuz its already got the Droid X theme in it. Same thing happened with the Sense black bar. Endless FC loop. Any ideas?

When you removed the framework-res from your rom did you modify and push the exact same file back, or an exact copy of that file?

if you extracted the frameworks contents, modified them and re-zipped in a new zip file that will mess with some stuff and might cause the FC issue

the framework should be fairly easy to mod and straight forward (its just png's replacing other png's) so no codes or anything. The services.jar seem to be breaking most of the newer firmwares (after the initial 2.1 release) i'll look into it as i'll probably update my phone this week to latest firmware and see if things break

I renamed it to .zip as your instructions say and I opened it with WinRAR. I pushed the new folder in and I made sure I did "ask before replacing" and Winrar asked if I wanted to replace stuff.

I tried with the STOCK Telus 2.1 Framework too as well as the one from the Fast & Light Telus which already is themed to Droid X. I'm guessing this backup is so heavily customized it doesn't play well.

That or I'm retarded and I'm doing it wrong.

I see the bar and all. It's when LauncherPro starts drawing the icons I get an endless FC loop. Yikes.

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
I tried running the Galaxy S one and wow it totally messed up my phone.. lol.

endless FC loop. thank goodness for Nandroid.

Edit: Might be because I'm using the Fast & Light Telus Backup from XDA? I guess I need the original Framework-res cuz its already got the Droid X theme in it. Same thing happened with the Sense black bar. Endless FC loop. Any ideas?

When you removed the framework-res from your rom did you modify and push the exact same file back, or an exact copy of that file?

if you extracted the frameworks contents, modified them and re-zipped in a new zip file that will mess with some stuff and might cause the FC issue

the framework should be fairly easy to mod and straight forward (its just png's replacing other png's) so no codes or anything. The services.jar seem to be breaking most of the newer firmwares (after the initial 2.1 release) i'll look into it as i'll probably update my phone this week to latest firmware and see if things break

I renamed it to .zip as your instructions say and I opened it with WinRAR. I pushed the new folder in and I made sure I did "ask before replacing" and Winrar asked if I wanted to replace stuff.

I tried with the STOCK Telus 2.1 Framework too as well as the one from the Fast & Light Telus which already is themed to Droid X. I'm guessing this backup is so heavily customized it doesn't play well.

I see the bar and all. It's when LauncherPro starts drawing the icons I get an endless FC loop. Yikes.

are you pushing the entire folder or just the contents of the folder? you want to push just the contents (the individual png's, select all and drag theme across), otherwise winrar might ovewright the entire folder and leave a bunch of files missing

I'll look into it, havent had a chance to update my phone to newest firmware just yet

-Az-

Reaction score
so any luck on modifying the 2.38 services.jar?

try this package:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1Tco8Vp4APbNTIwZjQzYzAtNzcxMi00MmJmLThjZjItYTFjMzUzMmI1ZGQ2&hl=en

Try applying the droid X theme first - look for errors,
if everything is good try applying the sense theme - look for errors,

stock files are there too just incase

if these check out let me know what rom your running so i can add it to the list

if not let me know what happens

they both worked with no errors though the sense theme took longer too boot than the droid x theme

M i X

Reaction score
averma1
Hello! Thanks a lot for your great work, especially for corrected black bars for the latest 2.36 and 2.38 Milestone firmwares. Corrected Sense black bar works fine to me, except for one thing.
It seems that there is a problem with statusbar_background.9.png in Framework-res.apk of Sense Theme both in the first post and post #33. This statusbar background is completely different from the one from "Sense Theme v1 - EU" in the previous thread and it does not link with backgrounds of icons.
I took statusbar_background.9.png from "Sense Theme v1 - EU" in the previous thread and now everything is fine.
Can you please check this issue?

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
so any luck on modifying the 2.38 services.jar?

try this package:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1Tco8Vp4APbNTIwZjQzYzAtNzcxMi00MmJmLThjZjItYTFjMzUzMmI1ZGQ2&hl=en

Try applying the droid X theme first - look for errors,
if everything is good try applying the sense theme - look for errors,

stock files are there too just incase

if these check out let me know what rom your running so i can add it to the list

if not let me know what happens

they both worked with no errors though the sense theme took longer too boot than the droid x theme

What carrier and rom version are you using? as well what region are you in.

Need to know so i can post the corrected files.

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
averma1
Hello! Thanks a lot for your great work, especially for corrected black bars for the latest 2.36 and 2.38 Milestone firmwares. Corrected Sense black bar works fine to me, except for one thing.
It seems that there is a problem with statusbar_background.9.png in Framework-res.apk of Sense Theme both in the first post and post #33. This statusbar background is completely different from the one from "Sense Theme v1 - EU" in the previous thread and it does not link with backgrounds of icons.
I took statusbar_background.9.png from "Sense Theme v1 - EU" in the previous thread and now everything is fine.
Can you please check this issue?

thanks for the heads up I'll look into it and i'll probably do some updates to the sense theme when i get a chance

-Az-

Reaction score
What carrier and rom version are you using? as well what region are you in.

Need to know so i can post the corrected files.

i have an Italian Milestone but i live in Australia and my carrier is Telstra

dmo580

Reaction score

are you pushing the entire folder or just the contents of the folder? you want to push just the contents (the individual png's, select all and drag theme across), otherwise winrar might ovewright the entire folder and leave a bunch of files missing

I'll look into it, havent had a chance to update my phone to newest firmware just yet

I am definitely pushing the whole folder but I did check how WinRAR replaces files and it doesnt overwrite the entire directory and removes the old stuff. It appends the new stuff in (which involves overwrites). I counted the files before and after to check.

Does this have anything to do with the 3.11 Telus update or anything and the wrong services.jar being used? Shrug.

beflythis

Reaction score
hey dmo haven't read your full thread, but appears as though you're trying to slot the galaxys black theme on the fast & lite telus v3? This is exactly what I want to do, too....

I'd also like to swap in launcherpro plus 7.6.0 instead of just the basic...

any ideas? I tried following the guide and attempting to install the theme myself, but the download link for the theme is borked - also tried googling Galaxy_S_Theme(v1).zip to no avail.

any assistance appreciated, as always.

cheers,
beflythis

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score

I am definitely pushing the whole folder but I did check how WinRAR replaces files and it doesnt overwrite the entire directory and removes the old stuff. It appends the new stuff in (which involves overwrites). I counted the files before and after to check.

Does this have anything to do with the 3.11 Telus update or anything and the wrong services.jar being used? Shrug.

can you provide me with your default framework and services.jar and i'll see if i can theme it

-Az-

Reaction score
so averma1 i, my time and date text is white, but notification text is black and my service provide is black have you had any luck getting those white on 2.38?

kraken

Reaction score
I modified my (french) 2.38.1 version and everything seems good.
I'd need more time to tell if it's really perfect but if you want to test it out here's a mirror:
2.1.38.1_sense_EU.rar

Please give me some feedback if you use it.

Cheers