[Theme] Droid X, Sense, Flat Black + Theme Tutorial

Discussion in 'Motorola Milestone' started by averma1, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Rassal

Rassal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same thing here, whenever i try to customize with any of those themes, my lock screen "Charging" or "Charged" are saying No Sim Card in Phone...

And the "Clear" button in the notification bar, is now a "Sound On" button.

I reinstalled the default services.jar and framework-res.apk and everything is back to normal.

I must say that i am using a Canadian Telus Milestone, and also got the latest SHOLS update 3.11 (we got that update earlier this week).

I only saw those problems since that update was pushed by Motorola/Telus, as i was using the Sense modification before and never had problem... so my guess would be that in the new SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 there is a modification to either services.jar or framework-res.apk that mess up the menus. I reverted and i am not using those customization anymore...

Thanks for looking that up. (If you need some testing, i can do some if you want)

2. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you removed the framework-res from your rom did you modify and push the exact same file back, or an exact copy of that file?

if you extracted the frameworks contents, modified them and re-zipped in a new zip file that will mess with some stuff and might cause the FC issue

the framework should be fairly easy to mod and straight forward (its just png's replacing other png's) so no codes or anything. The services.jar seem to be breaking most of the newer firmwares (after the initial 2.1 release) i'll look into it as i'll probably update my phone this week to latest firmware and see if things break

3. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    might be issue with new firmware, haven't tried it yet but i'll probably update to it and see if i can get the mods to work.

any pitfalls for the new firmware, can it still be rooted? any new bugs

4. Rassal

Rassal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, root still can be done after update... far less reboot... less FC, and the best of all, is the music problem when unplugging headphones is gone... but i am getting problems with this notification bar custom, seems that something changed in that update and the menus are different...

5. jpbl1976

jpbl1976 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're probably right: my HK Milestone had its 2.1 bug-fix update pushed in early July and while I was exploring my phone using root explorer, I noticed that my stock framework.res.apk file had a date modified of 6 July 2010.

By the way, there's a really easy way to root your phone: a Chinese droid devotee published a program called Universal Androot and it worked brilliantly. I'm now able to overclock and so forth. Just try searching for it in case you're interested.

6. Rassal

Rassal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have no problem rooting my phone at all, doing it the easy way with OpenRecovery and the vulnerable boot loader.

7. dmo580

dmo580 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I renamed it to .zip as your instructions say and I opened it with WinRAR. I pushed the new folder in and I made sure I did "ask before replacing" and Winrar asked if I wanted to replace stuff.

I tried with the STOCK Telus 2.1 Framework too as well as the one from the Fast & Light Telus which already is themed to Droid X. I'm guessing this backup is so heavily customized it doesn't play well.

That or I'm retarded and I'm doing it wrong.

I see the bar and all. It's when LauncherPro starts drawing the icons I get an endless FC loop. Yikes.

8. -Az-

-Az- New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so any luck on modifying the 2.38 services.jar?

9. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  10. averma1

averma1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    are you pushing the entire folder or just the contents of the folder? you want to push just the contents (the individual png's, select all and drag theme across), otherwise winrar might ovewright the entire folder and leave a bunch of files missing

I'll look into it, havent had a chance to update my phone to newest firmware just yet

11. -Az-

-Az- New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    they both worked with no errors though the sense theme took longer too boot than the droid x theme

12. M i X

M i X New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    averma1
    Hello! Thanks a lot for your great work, especially for corrected black bars for the latest 2.36 and 2.38 Milestone firmwares. Corrected Sense black bar works fine to me, except for one thing.
    It seems that there is a problem with statusbar_background.9.png in Framework-res.apk of Sense Theme both in the first post and post #33. This statusbar background is completely different from the one from "Sense Theme v1 - EU" in the previous thread and it does not link with backgrounds of icons.
    I took statusbar_background.9.png from "Sense Theme v1 - EU" in the previous thread and now everything is fine.
    Can you please check this issue?

Search tags for this page
flat xtheme apk
flats xtheme engine
htc sense theme for xtheme engine
motoral x black theme
sense para xtheme
theme collection rar zip for xtheme engine
tutorial flat logo android
verizon motorola droid x tutorial

xtheme engine themes download

xtheme tuto apk