[Theme] Droid X, Sense, Flat Black + Theme Tutorial

nicholasbgr

Reaction score
Thanks for the Droid X theme! I downloaded your brazilian services.jar but I did not like the white clock. Besides the clock, does it change anything else or can I go back to the stock services.jar?
Thanks!

Clarified first post, Droid X theme doesn't need the services.jar mod

Upcoming black themes will.

I'll see if I have the stock files sitting around and try hosting them for you

haha my mistake for not noticing it =p. I already got it from a friend, dont worry :)

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Uploaded sense, galaxy s, flat black and updated install guide

read features under each theme to find out what it changes

-Az-

Reaction score
averma1, i have a galaxy s theme on my milestone but the shutdown menu is all messed up.
none of the options have the right text, i'm running SHOLS_U2_02.38.0 on an italian milestone

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
averma1, i have a galaxy s theme on my milestone but the shutdown menu is all messed up.
none of the options have the right text, i'm running SHOLS_U2_02.38.0 on an italian milestone

Did you modify all the files yourself ( including the services. Jar) or did you apply one of the pre made ones?

The premade ones are only for stock 2. 1 roms (as they say on the side)
If you applied one of those that could be the problem

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
I you can provide the original framework and services. Jar I can modify and post them for you and others to download, should fix the problem

-Az-

Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
i'm not using your version of the theme but i can provide you with the images used and it only seemed to happen after i changed the notification colour's and pushed the services.jar which i had to edit myself for the white text
Framework: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7714692/framework-res.apk
Services: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7714692/services.jar
and this is the theme i'm using
Theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7714692/galaxyS.zip

are these the stock framework and services or are they modified?

dmo580

Reaction score
I tried running the Galaxy S one and wow it totally messed up my phone.. lol.

endless FC loop. thank goodness for Nandroid.

Edit: Might be because I'm using the Fast & Light Telus Backup from XDA? I guess I need the original Framework-res cuz its already got the Droid X theme in it. Same thing happened with the Sense black bar. Endless FC loop. Any ideas?

Last edited:

-Az-

Reaction score
i'm not using your version of the theme but i can provide you with the images used and it only seemed to happen after i changed the notification colour's and pushed the services.jar which i had to edit myself for the white text
Framework: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7714692/framework-res.apk
Services: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7714692/services.jar
and this is the theme i'm using
Theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7714692/galaxyS.zip

are these the stock framework and services or are they modified?

they are the stock ones and the 3rd link is the modified one

Rassal

Reaction score
Same thing here, whenever i try to customize with any of those themes, my lock screen "Charging" or "Charged" are saying No Sim Card in Phone...

And the "Clear" button in the notification bar, is now a "Sound On" button.

I reinstalled the default services.jar and framework-res.apk and everything is back to normal.

I must say that i am using a Canadian Telus Milestone, and also got the latest SHOLS update 3.11 (we got that update earlier this week).

I only saw those problems since that update was pushed by Motorola/Telus, as i was using the Sense modification before and never had problem... so my guess would be that in the new SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 there is a modification to either services.jar or framework-res.apk that mess up the menus. I reverted and i am not using those customization anymore...

Thanks for looking that up. (If you need some testing, i can do some if you want)

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
I tried running the Galaxy S one and wow it totally messed up my phone.. lol.

endless FC loop. thank goodness for Nandroid.

Edit: Might be because I'm using the Fast & Light Telus Backup from XDA? I guess I need the original Framework-res cuz its already got the Droid X theme in it. Same thing happened with the Sense black bar. Endless FC loop. Any ideas?

When you removed the framework-res from your rom did you modify and push the exact same file back, or an exact copy of that file?

if you extracted the frameworks contents, modified them and re-zipped in a new zip file that will mess with some stuff and might cause the FC issue

the framework should be fairly easy to mod and straight forward (its just png's replacing other png's) so no codes or anything. The services.jar seem to be breaking most of the newer firmwares (after the initial 2.1 release) i'll look into it as i'll probably update my phone this week to latest firmware and see if things break

OP
A

averma1

Reaction score
Same thing here, whenever i try to customize with any of those themes, my lock screen "Charging" or "Charged" are saying No Sim Card in Phone...

And the "Clear" button in the notification bar, is now a "Sound On" button.

I reinstalled the default services.jar and framework-res.apk and everything is back to normal.

I must say that i am using a Canadian Telus Milestone, and also got the latest SHOLS update 3.11 (we got that update earlier this week).

I only saw those problems since that update was pushed by Motorola/Telus, as i was using the Sense modification before and never had problem... so my guess would be that in the new SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 there is a modification to either services.jar or framework-res.apk that mess up the menus. I reverted and i am not using those customization anymore...

Thanks for looking that up. (If you need some testing, i can do some if you want)

might be issue with new firmware, haven't tried it yet but i'll probably update to it and see if i can get the mods to work.

any pitfalls for the new firmware, can it still be rooted? any new bugs

Rassal

Reaction score
Yes, root still can be done after update... far less reboot... less FC, and the best of all, is the music problem when unplugging headphones is gone... but i am getting problems with this notification bar custom, seems that something changed in that update and the menus are different...

jpbl1976

Reaction score
... but i am getting problems with this notification bar custom, seems that something changed in that update and the menus are different...

You're probably right: my HK Milestone had its 2.1 bug-fix update pushed in early July and while I was exploring my phone using root explorer, I noticed that my stock framework.res.apk file had a date modified of 6 July 2010.

By the way, there's a really easy way to root your phone: a Chinese droid devotee published a program called Universal Androot and it worked brilliantly. I'm now able to overclock and so forth. Just try searching for it in case you're interested.

Rassal

Reaction score
I have no problem rooting my phone at all, doing it the easy way with OpenRecovery and the vulnerable boot loader.