[THEME] ALPHA-1 Stock Gingerbread for DX

Stik

Reaction score
Looks like the .zip is missing the update-binary. Just dropped one in and it installed after that.

OP
brenneisec

brenneisec

Reaction score
Looks like the .zip is missing the update-binary. Just dropped one in and it installed after that.

yeah i checked for that right after your first post and i fixed the download link. not sure how that happened. thanks for pointing it out!

just4747

Reaction score
The only difference I'm seeing physically is the lockscreen sliders (which are nice but no wallpaper shows on the lockscreen, it's all black!).

EDIT: nvm about the black lockscreen- my wallpaper was very dark so I couldnt tell that a little bit of the background shows through the black screen :)

Cant wait for the other black menus/screen/notification pulldown!

just4747

Reaction score
Ok, so I was on leaked GB. I SBFed back to stock Froyo and updated properly with the 3 zip files to the newer GB. Booted fine. Flashed the Deodex file to Deodex, worked fine, rebooted.
Then, went to flash this theme and been bootlooping ever since. Tried data wiping, re-flashing Alpha, re-flashing the Deodex zip, nothing will bring me out of loop.

What do I do??

EDIT: I also just tried re-flashing the newer GB files but it fails because I am not on Froyo I assume. I have no clue what else to do. Will SBFing back to Froyo again even work now?? WTF why would this theme have caused me to bootloop again and why can't I fix it with the normal fixes?

just4747

Reaction score
Ok, so I was on leaked GB. I SBFed back to stock Froyo and updated properly with the 3 zip files to the newer GB. Booted fine. Flashed the Deodex file to Deodex, worked fine, rebooted.
Then, went to flash this theme and been bootlooping ever since. Tried data wiping, re-flashing Alpha, re-flashing the Deodex zip, nothing will bring me out of loop.

What do I do??

EDIT: I also just tried re-flashing the newer GB files but it fails because I am not on Froyo I assume. I have no clue what else to do. Will SBFing back to Froyo again even work now?? WTF why would this theme have caused me to bootloop again and why can't I fix it with the normal fixes?

Ok so SBFing back to Froyo worked thankfully. I will do everything again now but I am not sure how to flash this theme properly anymore, as it only works half the times I've tried in the past. All I can think of is that flashing it does not automatically mount system first, because I think the only time it's worked for me is manually mounting system first (maybe). Ugh

EDIT: Ok tried this again, deodexed the new GB, then booted into CWM and mounted system. Flashed Alpha file, bootlooped, wiped data, rebooted again, and.....still bootlooping.

I thought you said on Twitter that it works fine on the newer GB??

80hd

Reaction score
just4747

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. This copy of the theme doesn't seem to be compatible with the latest 588 leak because I was having the same exact issues you described.

I'm really hoping for a vanilla GB zip because motorola's look is just so bloated looking.