[THEME] ALPHA-1 Stock Gingerbread for DX

brenneisec

Reaction score
ALPHA-1.1 Gingerbread – The way it’s supposed to look.

This is a theme for Droid X users running the leaked 2.3.3. You obviously must be rooted and you also must be deodexed.

Huge thank you goes out to mobile_sensei and mikeyinid for listening to my stupid questions and pointing me in the right direction.

Thank you to CHKMATE for helping me test.

UPDATE: v1.2 brings edits to the blur camera, blur home, blur phone, browser, blur text messaging, music, settings, the newly leaked google music player, additional clean up of the framework and system ui. I have heard from a few users that this will work over the top of blurry bread from Drod so if you had asked then I believe it will work. Thanks to everyone for all the support with this!
Oh! and this update replaces the lock sliders with the normal android ones ;)

UPDATE: v1.1 includes XML edits, my own custom keyboard that is the DX keyboard but GB themed so it has normal sized keys (yay!), the nexus s boot animation has been built in. nexus s live wallpaper is now built in, there are a few other small changes that im forgetting but its late so you'll have to forgive me. FOR BEST RESULTS, FLASH DEODEXED GINGERBREAD, THEN FLASH THIS RIGHT AFTER. Mount system is all that's needed. I really hope you guys like the keyboard cuz it was tough but it's all mine.

Includes:
CRT screen off animation (credit goes to Daneshm90)
Nexus S Live Wallpaper (credit goes to Kmobs)
Themed framework
Themed system UI
(This includes the orange glow when you hit the top or bottom of a list)
Transparent notification background
Modified some (not all) menus to have the stock black background with white font – more to come in updates

DOWNLOAD HERE:
http://www.***********/file/S9vHdsHy/Alpha-12_2.html

If you like my work, please help me get through college:

New Keyboard:
snap20110402_201004.png

bd1212

Reaction score
Looks perfect! I'm guessing that you haven't fully finished changing the pulldown notification bar as it still has blue in it?

Downloading this asap. ;)

OP
brenneisec

brenneisec

Reaction score
Looks perfect! I'm guessing that you haven't fully finished changing the pulldown notification bar as it still has blue in it?

Downloading this asap. ;)

you are correct. updates will be coming with more stock gb

graveghoul

Reaction score
Thank God! Finally! Yes! Love the new theme! Cant wait to flash. :)
Oh crap...it's been so long. How do you flash a theme again?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Wow, great stuff and fast! I'm on the fence about the new Lib or GB. But I for sure want a black notification bar!!

just4747

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks, rebooting now after flashing. Keep up the good work!

Any way to add the paste from clipboard feature back in or is that non-addable with GB?

EDIT:

Well, never rebooted. Dude, you never said it requires a data wipe. I thought a theme ROM didn't need a wipe? Even after 2 battery pulls I've been bootlooping forever. Damn,I literally just re-did all my stuff twice in the last 2 days...

Why didn't anyone else mention a wipe is required?
And we're going to have to wipe every time you update this too? Ugh

OP
brenneisec

brenneisec

Reaction score

Any way to add the paste from clipboard feature back in or is that non-addable with GB?

EDIT:

Well, never rebooted. Dude, you never said it requires a data wipe. I thought a theme ROM didn't need a wipe? Even after 2 battery pulls I've been bootlooping forever. Damn,I literally just re-did all my stuff twice in the last 2 days...

i apologize. most people arent having issues with boot loops. i updated the download file and tested it myself. mount system. no need for data or cache wipes.

just4747

Reaction score

EDIT:

i apologize. most people arent having issues with boot loops. i updated the download file and tested it myself. mount system. no need for data or cache wipes.

No its okay, its just such a pain having to restore all apps, all settings, all linked contacts, all widgets, etc each time.

So you do have to mount system in CWM before flashing? If you don't (I didn't), what does that mean? What exactly should I wipe not before flashing again to get this working? (Or do I just data wipe in CWM and reboot?)

If you are supposed to mount system first, I would put that in your OP as lots of less experienced people won't know that since most flashes don't require mounting anything.

OP
brenneisec

brenneisec

Reaction score

EDIT:

No its okay, its just such a pain having to restore all apps, all settings, all linked contacts, all widgets, etc each time.

So you do have to mount system in CWM before flashing? If you don't (I didn't), what does that mean? Can I still get away with it by mounting system then flashing now? Or do I def have to wipe since I am looping?

If you are supposed to mount system first, I would put that in your OP as lots of less experienced people won't know that since most flashes don't require mounting anything.

it doesnt require mount since the flashing mounts the system automatically. i just do it as a habit. thanks for the suggestion though. i had another person looping in another thread. he got it fixed by reflashing the deodexed/rooted gb and then flashed the theme. im not sure what would be causing this unless you arent deodexed or made alterations to your own framework or system ui.

just4747

Reaction score

So you do have to mount system in CWM before flashing? If you don't (I didn't), what does that mean? Can I still get away with it by mounting system then flashing now? Or do I def have to wipe since I am looping?

it doesnt require mount since the flashing mounts the system automatically. i just do it as a habit. thanks for the suggestion though. i had another person looping in another thread. he got it fixed by reflashing the deodexed/rooted gb and then flashed the theme. im not sure what would be causing this unless you arent deodexed or made alterations to your own framework or system ui.

I had the deodexed/rooted GB..I also had replaced my bootanimation.zip and flashed the file for the Nexus S screen-off animation, but I think that's it. I think lots of people had those two things. What could have gone wrong?

I just wiped data in CWM and re-flashed your ROM, went back to Droid Eye, but still looping..?? What should I do now?