[THEME] ALPHA-1 Stock Gingerbread for DX

OP
brenneisec

brenneisec

Reaction score
No its okay, its just such a pain having to restore all apps, all settings, all linked contacts, all widgets, etc each time.

So you do have to mount system in CWM before flashing? If you don't (I didn't), what does that mean? Can I still get away with it by mounting system then flashing now? Or do I def have to wipe since I am looping?

If you are supposed to mount system first, I would put that in your OP as lots of less experienced people won't know that since most flashes don't require mounting anything.

it doesnt require mount since the flashing mounts the system automatically. i just do it as a habit. thanks for the suggestion though. i had another person looping in another thread. he got it fixed by reflashing the deodexed/rooted gb and then flashed the theme. im not sure what would be causing this unless you arent deodexed or made alterations to your own framework or system ui.

I had the deodexed/rooted GB..I also had replaced my bootanimation.zip but I think that's it.

I just wiped data in CWM and re-flashed your ROM, went back to Droid Eye, but still looping..?? What should I do now?

you will need to reflash the deodexed/rooted gingerbread from p3droid. then you can flash this theme. this process fixed the boot loop for a few people

just4747

Reaction score
it doesnt require mount since the flashing mounts the system automatically. i just do it as a habit. thanks for the suggestion though. i had another person looping in another thread. he got it fixed by reflashing the deodexed/rooted gb and then flashed the theme. im not sure what would be causing this unless you arent deodexed or made alterations to your own framework or system ui.

I had the deodexed/rooted GB..I also had replaced my bootanimation.zip but I think that's it.

I just wiped data in CWM and re-flashed your ROM, went back to Droid Eye, but still looping..?? What should I do now?

you will need to reflash the deodexed/rooted gingerbread from p3droid. then you can flash this theme. this process fixed the boot loop for a few people

K thanks. So next time if I have all these same things and your theme flashed, how can I avoid this? Now I'll be very nervous to do it and loop again lol. I still don't get how this didn't work right, done it a hundred times and nothing was different.

OP
brenneisec

brenneisec

Reaction score

K thanks. So next time if I have all these same things and your theme flashed, how can I avoid this? Now I'll be very nervous to do it and loop again lol. I still don't get how this didn't work right, done it a hundred times and nothing was different.

if you flash gb again and then flash this right after you shouldnt have any problems. the only thing that would be screwing it up is if you arent deodexed or you made alterations to your framework or system ui

just4747

Reaction score
Hey is there any reason why the new orange glow for menus is kind of dithered/has color banding? If you go to the phone settings menus since they are white, and try it there you can see it well.

Also, are you planning on making EVERYTHING in the system stock looking? Like black menus, GB notification bar colors, GB dialer, etc..? I hope so!! Hate all this non-stock look.

bL33d

Reaction score
Wiping data is not necessary but wiping davlik cache is. I allways wipe regular cache aswell.

just4747

Reaction score
Wiping data is not necessary but wiping davlik cache is. I allways wipe regular cache aswell.

Did those, still bootlooped.

Does the fact that I had bloatware hidden (changed to .bak) matter?

just4747

Reaction score
I'm confused, I flashed the update and I don't see any changes. The boot animation is still the xoom one i had and the android/multi-touch keyboards are still the same...?? All menus look same too.

OP
brenneisec

brenneisec

Reaction score
I'm confused, I flashed the update and I don't see any changes. The boot animation is still the xoom one i had and the android/multi-touch keyboards are still the same...?? All menus look same too.

are you sure you downloaded 1.1? i just tested the link and it worked fine for me

reuuin88

Reaction score
I read the comments over on droid-life...rough crowd. I just have to applaud you for this, for how fast it was, and how awesome it is! Thanks so much and I'll keep an eye out for updates and such. I didn't have any problems, followed your steps to the key on deodexed gb (of course) mounted system in recovery and flashed in recovery after a back up. Thanks again!

I have noticed that on the dialer the color is grey and the text is also grey so its a bit hard to see. Probably similar problems elsewhere, but its liveable and really great.

Edit: P.S. 10% battery increments next? Would be Sweeeeet.

bL33d

Reaction score
Gonna use this when all menus are black and any chance we can get stock gingerbread launcher?

Very nice work cant wait till it's finished.

guyinlaca

Reaction score
There is an app in the Market called Android 2.3 Launcher. It might be worth a shot to get the full effect.