Theater Mode

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Saw this on the Android Wear G+ community, if this is common knowledge sorry for lame post.

For Moto 360 owners on the new Android Wear 5.0.* build. If you double tap the side button you will enter theater mode.

You can use this to keep your screen off while charging. No more worry about screen burn in.

Sent from my Nexus 6

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Saw this on the Android Wear G+ community, if this is common knowledge sorry for lame post.

For Moto 360 owners on the new Android Wear 5.0.* build. If you double tap the side button you will enter theater mode.

You can use this to keep your screen off while charging. No more worry about screen burn in.

Sent from my Nexus 6
Very nice advancement. Sometimes it's the simple things that mean so much.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea, cool feature. At a show on Sunday night and got a little tired of the screen lighting up. Shouldn't have turned on Hangout notices for the 79 person Hangout I am in. :D
Not worried about screen burn though. That really doesn't happen much with these modern LCD's.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I didn't even think of screen burn, but I'm banking on you being correct about it with these screens, since that's what I was thinking as well. And I'm hoping they were smart enough to use technology that prevents that. Dim mode is nice and dim while still being visible.

As for theater mode, I can't remember what thread it was in, but someone mentioned putting the device in theater mode at night and I want to give them a shout out, because I was previously going into settings at night and scrolling down to turn off the always on screen. Theater mode solves that perfectly.

Haven't been to the actual theater since I got the watch, but it'll be wonderfully handy there as well.