The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - Droid 1 Only

glhelinski

Reaction score
i'm sorry but i don't know where to post this question about kernels.
my history.
i had stock Droid 1 phone non rooted with FRG22D
i rooted it
i put on Ultimate Droid v1.0 (love it!)
themed it with luna theme
tried to improve battery so replaced stock kernel with chevy ULV800

the battery life seems worse now (i left the OC settings alone in UltDroid)
so my question is .... how do i go back to the original kernel?
more specifically....can someone give me a link to go back to the original kernel?

thanks
greg

tee00max

Reaction score
my history.
i had stock Droid 1 phone non rooted with FRG22D
i rooted it
i put on Ultimate Droid v1.0 (love it!)
themed it with luna theme
tried to improve battery so replaced stock kernel with chevy ULV800

the battery life seems worse now (i left the OC settings alone in UltDroid)
so my question is .... how do i go back to the original kernel?
more specifically....can someone give me a link to go back to the original kernel?

thanks
greg

all you have to do is re-install the kernel

If your using ROM manager, just install without wiping cache or data, your other choice is just running the zip file through recovery..

gwwjpd

Reaction score
how do i go back to the original kernel?
thanks
greg

If you made a nandroid backup before you changed kernels, you can do an advanced restore, and just restore the boot.

Otherwise, you could download some different kernels and try them out.

tee00max

Reaction score
It seems like none of my settings are setting in the UD settings. i.e. fonts, boot animations...anyone know a fix besides wiping and re-installing?

tee00max

Reaction score
im just gettin error after error.....now the sync icon will not go away..im just going to wipe and install the ROM over again..smh

glhelinski

Reaction score
Thanks tee00max but i didnt HAVE the original kernel to restore but the next poster said to restore just the boot option from a nandroid backup with the orig kernel....i didnt know the boot had the kernel...but i do now...thanks all. I guess i have the orig back now. But another question...how to tell what your current kernel is?
how do i go back to the original kernel?
thanks
greg

If you made a nandroid backup before you changed kernels, you can do an advanced restore, and just restore the boot.

Otherwise, you could download some different kernels and try them out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

KodiakEd

Reaction score
I am using the themed Facebook app and the text font is white. The background in the widget is also white, so you can't see the text on screen. Is there any way to change this?

Also getting better battery life with the stock kernel. :i-m_so_happy:

glhelinski

Reaction score
interesting. never saw that. it says 2.6.32.9_slayher for the version. that must mean that Ultimate Droid v1.0 came with that kernel because i know i never put slayher's on there. can anyone confirm this?

now i'm curious which slayher kernel it is exactly? if you go to download them, there are a bunch of them.

Go to settings, about phone and it is under kernel version

soccer568

Reaction score
Hmmm...try flashing a different one and see if that helps. Could be that I'm running thebowers' Pandora too but I doubt it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

I didn't realize that thebowers had his own version of those apps. is it because they are themed or are they changed in some way?

Pretty sure its just themed (transparent). That's the only difference in mine and yours though. A different kernel is probably your best bet though.
I was thinking before i switched roms Pandora was working fine and now that im back to this rom its not anymore. Could it be the theme im running?Im running one of redmanx themes?

gotwillk

Reaction score
not sure if these issues were already addressed but i can't seem to get my oc speed higher than 700mhz with the built in overclock options. i set it to 1000mhz but it keeps showing as 700mhz when i type cpuinfo in terminal emulator.

i can set it with setcpu though. am i missing something here?

also, is there a fix for the volume buttons skipping songs nonstop? it only worked once and that was the first time. after that, everytime i held down the button to skip a song, it would keep skipping songs nonstop.

The_Chief

Reaction score
not sure if these issues were already addressed but i can't seem to get my oc speed higher than 700mhz with the built in overclock options. i set it to 1000mhz but it keeps showing as 700mhz when i type cpuinfo in terminal emulator.

also, is there a fix for the volume buttons skipping songs nonstop? it only worked once and that was the first time. after that, everytime i held down the button to skip a song, it would keep skipping songs nonstop.

Can't help you with the governor (I use SetCPU and disabled the UD governor) but for the song skipping go to Settings--> Ultimate Droid--> Audi Settings--> and UNCHECK the top button, "Volume Button Music Control". I had to do that as well, as it was throwing ^3 (cubed) into fits.

gotwillk

Reaction score

Can't help you with the governor (I use SetCPU and disabled the UD governor) but for the song skipping go to Settings--> Ultimate Droid--> Audi Settings--> and UNCHECK the top button, "Volume Button Music Control". I had to do that as well, as it was throwing ^3 (cubed) into fits.

yea but i actually do want those controls. but its not working right. i came from BB and i wanted some extra stuff that BB didn't have. the music controls from volume buttons was one of them. but ultimately (no pun intended) my phone doesn't seem to like this rom. even with setcpu clocked at 1000mhz with ondemand or interactive governor on chevy's kernel, i'm getting really low scores in quadrant, in the 1100s. never seen it that low before on any rom with the same kernel. everything just seems slower for me on this rom and a bunch of the UD settings don't always stick, like they were buggy or something.

it runs cool and haven't had any random reboots but its just not as snappy as i thought it would be. and yea i wiped everything, data, cache, dalvik, before installing, and then restored apps and data only with TiBu.

maybe i'll give it another try later with another version but for now i had to restore back to BB.

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
Idk if am posting this in the wrong thread, I loaded live wire theme to UD1.0 and each time I end a call, I get an fC error? Anyone comment on this

Sent from OG Droid

segdoh49

Reaction score
Idk if am posting this in the wrong thread, I loaded live wire theme to UD1.0 and each time I end a call, I get an fC error? Anyone comment on this

Sent from OG Droid
I looked in the Themes thread for the UD 1.0.0 and I didn't see what you are calling the 'live wire' theme. So you may want to try one of the OFFICAL themes that's in that thread.....I am using the GOLDEN ELEGANCE Theme and have no problems.