The Pixel 2 Can Recognize These 10,000+ Songs

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pixel-2-now-playing-battery-jpg.77985

Now Playing is a new Google Pixel 2 feature that can automatically detect songs that are playing in the background. When Now Playing detects a song playing it will display information on the lockscreen. The ambient lockscreen feature can work even while the phone is off line. The data base is able to recognize more than 10,000 songs. Of course the database will be updated with even more songs in the future. If you were wondering which songs can be identified by the new feature XDA has uploaded the entire database. The file is 53MB in total. You can find the list at the DA link below. Is "Now Playing" a feature that excites you?

via XDA

Attachments

• pixel-2-now-playing-battery.jpg
    pixel-2-now-playing-battery.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 2,243

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
now playing does not phase me at all. I am not into music like I was when younger. I still listen but really do not need to know the facts...listening is good enough...

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Nice Feature but not something that would sway me to want this Phone. Im fine with Soundhound when i want to know what song is playing.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was out to dinner last night and we sat on an outside patio. There was background music playing on a speaker quite a ways from our table. I could barely hear it myself, but the Pixel 2 had no problem hearing and identifying songs. :cool:

But as has been said. The novelty on that will wear off quickly and it will soon be disabled.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I was out to dinner last night and we sat on an outside patio. There was background music playing on a speaker quite a ways from our table. I could barely hear it myself, but the Pixel 2 had no problem hearing and identifying songs. :cool:

But as has been said. The novelty on that will wear off quickly and it will soon be disabled.

you are totally right about the novelty wearing off. I had a similar app on my phone years ago that did the same. was fun to show off and just play with but after a few days, never used it again. finally uninstalled it.