The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Are Now Official!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My apologies for taking this thread so far off the rails. LOL It's not THAT big a deal to me.

Different strokes for different folks, of course. I certainly wouldn't NOT buy a phone because it had skinny bezels. The G6, V30 and S8 all look fine. I'd just prefer some innovation elsewhere.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
@PereDroid no apologies needed my friend .. definitely wish they went with the larger battery trend ..I get the slim profiles but a little thickness for more battery I'd take ..

Sent using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Google hasn't supported a built in SD card in their phones in a few years. They don't seem to like SD cards. The two years they owned Moto...no SD cards, after those years we have SD cards again. So definitely a Google decision. Even if Samsung built the next Pixel, Google wouldn't let them include SD card slots. Not sure why they don't include wireless charging, or what their issue with that might be.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Google has never included a SD card in their Nexus/Pixel line phones. Look at the Nexus One.

One area I agree with as far as criticism is that if Google is looking to charge Apple and Samsung like prices then they need to bring it. If they are going to leave off something like the beloved sd card, then they better make up for it some other way

The pixel 2 xl has potential and I feel like it hovers around what Samsung and Apple is doing, considering the iPhone has never had a SD card slot either. Plus Google did a good job listening to the fans and bringing back the front facing speakers.

But the pixel 2 is just an embarrassment of a phone. I almost feel like they added more bezels just to anger people. Being the one criticism last year was the bezels why include that much bezel?

If you are going to have the bezel might as well include the headphone jack.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest here. I haven't had an SD card in my last two Moto phones and I haven't missed it. I'm no where near full on my 64GB Turbo, and the 128GB should be nothing.

But I don't record tons of video or store music and movies on the phone long term either.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
my note 5 did not have that option and I really missed it. glad the sd card returned to the note 8. I guess it really depends on your needs.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I do have an SD card in my Z Force and had over 10GB of music on it, until Android decided to "eat" my card one day (right before travelling). So now I am only using it for pictures and still have plenty of space on my 32GB of Internal Storage.

The lack of a SD Card would not be a deal breaker for me, I can live without one. But we all have different needs and uses. I would definitely buy a Pixel 2 if I was in the market for a new phone.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I'm never going back to an SD Less phone. If it means I'll never own a pixel then...NBD.

Destroyed my phone once. Popped out the SD card and all my photos were safe. Yes, I have Dropbox. Yes, I even have DropSynch for true 2 way synching.
However, I only Synch when connected to power.
I'm not paying an extra $100 when I already have a 64GB card I paid $25 for.
da140f35dfacebb2c56724092ad3cbdd.jpg

I have 20 GB of music.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
and that is the biggest reason to get a phone with an sd card. the ability to recover your files if the phone is damaged. not everyone can afford the data charges to sync and stream files when not in an area with wifi. I see too many people in the different help forums looking for ways to recover their pictures because they did not sync them nor had a sd card.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I used my g6 for a few months without the sd card just to ser if it would bother me, guess what, I hated it. I was constantly running out of space, constantly having to manage my apps, this is in the 64gb version.

Now I've lost 5 years of photos from an sd card before, however that was my fault for not backing it up, now I have google photos sync, an sd card and dropbox I manually back up to every few months.

I will never own another phone that doesn't have an sd card

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I used my g6 for a few months without the sd card just to ser if it would bother me, guess what, I hated it. I was constantly running out of space, constantly having to manage my apps, this is in the 64gb version.

Now I've lost 5 years of photos from an sd card before, however that was my fault for not backing it up, now I have google photos sync, an sd card and dropbox I manually back up to every few months.

I will never own another phone that doesn't have an sd card

now that is one disadvantage of sd cards, they can be corrupted so easily. the most common way users corrupt them is by removing them from the device or computer when it is still reading/writing. in addition, they can only be written on so many times before they fail.

it is always good to back them up every so often.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What was the main purpose of this thread? I lost track. LOL

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
now that is one disadvantage of sd cards, they can be corrupted so easily. the most common way users corrupt them is by removing them from the device or computer when it is still reading/writing. in addition, they can only be written on so many times before they fail.

it is always good to back them up every so often.
It was a hard lesson to learn that's for sure.