The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL Are Now Official!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
screenshot-2017-08-07-at-01-40-57-jpg.77950

Yesterday was Pixel day! We got two new devices from Google, the Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL. These phones feature a refined redesign with Glass and Aluminum. The Pixel comes in Clearly White, Kinda Blue, and Just Black while the Pixel 2 XL comes in Just Black and White and Black. Both phones feature IP67 water resistance, rear placed fingerprint scanner, 12.2 MP f1.8 aperture camera with laser + dual pixel phase detection auto focus and OIS+EIS, Portrait mode on front and back camera, Snapdragon 835 and 4GB of RAM, and storage options of 64GB and 128GB.

The Pixel 2 has a 5" 1080p AMOLED in 16:9 while the Pixel 2 XL has a 6" QHD+ pOLED 18:9 display. Both devices feature dual front facing speakers. They each have a USB-C port, but no 3.5mm headphone jack. The Active Edge feature allows you to squeeze the edges to activate the Google Assistant. The Pixel 2 has a 2700mah battery while the Pixel 2 XL features a 3520mah battery. Each phone comes with the latest version of Android Oreo. These devices are available for pre-order now at the link below. Hopefully you already got your pre-order in because several configurations are already sold out!

via Google Store

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-08-07-at-01.40.57.jpg
    Screenshot-2017-08-07-at-01.40.57.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,829

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Have the Pixel and am on the fence on whether to upgrade. Probably smarter to skip this generation, my Pixel hasn't slowed down at all and only gotten better with Oreo

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Pixel 2 XL is OK looking. 6" screen is good looking, but LG has had some issues with their POLED technology. No wireless charging, not a big deal, but wireless fast charging is really cool. No iris scanner. No headphone jack. blah blah blah.

Galaxy S8+ and Note 8 still look beast!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
The Pixel 2 XL is OK looking. 6" screen is good looking, but LG has had some issues with their POLED technology. No wireless charging, not a big deal, but wireless fast charging is really cool. No iris scanner. No headphone jack. blah blah blah.

Galaxy S8+ and Note 8 still look beast!

I don’t think you can compare looks when you’re up against Samsung...we shall see on the screen ...I went with the Pixel over V30 bc I feel stock Android better experience and you can’t beat updates for 3 yrs ...I will miss wireless charging the most of all ...

Sent using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have the 2 XL on order. Nice replacement for my Nexus 6.
I agree it is a nice replacement for the Nexus 6. Just missing Wireless charging and headphone jack.

I wish it had more memory, at least 6 gigs.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hopefully Google in the future offer different colors like that for the pixel.

Yeah I'll admit I do have concerns about a LG Nexus because LG have a rep, especially with the Nexus phones, where there first batch will be bad but they end up getting things fixed by the second and third.

I remember the speaker glue issue on the Nexus 5 and they had something going on with the 5x i forgot about.

Yeah the note and the s8 are much nicer devices but the pixel/Nexus devices have a longevity for those who like swift updates for 2 years, which is valuable (especially for those who try and hold on to their phones for a year and a half to two years).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I could have sworn when I originally reply the article said there was wireless charging. guess been drinking too much dr pepper lately :-(

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And just like every phone before it u see it happening.
"Google's taking the SD Card away!?!"
Ok, well I guess I don't need one.
A year later...
"Who needs an SD card?"
Apple releases a headphoneless phone.
"I can't believe they killed the headphone jack!"
A year later...
Bluetooth is so much better.
A few people won't buy this over that Jack...but a lot still will.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
the lack of SD is pretty much a non starter for me, though the 128gb isn't bad... I probably wouldn't use it all, still... I have a 64gb right now... it's something I've used for years.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
No wireless charging, no sd card, no headphone jack, just about a $$$$, and still not water protected... ;-/

Yea, it's time to let Samsung build the hardware!!