More Pixel 2 Features Leaked!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dkfv3ahvwaaioqv-jpg.77924

Over the weekend the founder of Android Police "Artem Russakovskii" took to twitter to reveal more Pixel 2 features. His source is someone who claims to have played with the Verizon Pixel 2. Apparently the camera app has a new portrait mode feature that adds a software blurred background. The Pixel Launcher has a refresh with the search bar below the dock and a new layout for the Google Home Page. The Pixel 2 seems to have a feature that always listens for music and will put the title and artist of whatever song is playing in the background on your lockscreen. The Squeeze feature triggers Google Assistant and works from being asleep. Finally the source confirmed dual front facing speakers and says the glass appears to be flat and not 2.5d. None of these features have been confirmed.

via @ArtmeR

Attachments

• DKfV3ahVwAAioqV.jpg
    DKfV3ahVwAAioqV.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 3,855

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming (hoping) that's a photo of the original Pixel since I can't see the bottom front speaker and its still got a YUUGE chin. :rolleyes:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's exactly my first impression. Let's just call it the Leno instead of the Pixel.
block_130867_RnmvkrtR_.png

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Dual front speakers but no headphones jack...?? Hmmm, I think more would prefer headphones jack over speakers especially since stereo speakers are possible without dual fronts. Plus dual front speakers kinda voids the kill the headphone jack for waterproofing. Oh wait Samsung proved that 62 years ago lol

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Don't tell me you have burger king hands lol jk

No (though I'm not sure what BK hands are :D) but I do like things at the bottom of the screen more than the top. My app folders are all at the bottom of the screen too. I'm sure it'll come in a future patch.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
No (though I'm not sure what BK hands are :D) but I do like things at the bottom of the screen more than the top. My app folders are all at the bottom of the screen too. I'm sure it'll come in a future patch.
You see that pic lmao

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Dual front speakers but no headphones jack...?? Hmmm, I think more would prefer headphones jack over speakers especially since stereo speakers are possible without dual fronts. Plus dual front speakers kinda voids the kill the headphone jack for waterproofing. Oh wait Samsung proved that 62 years ago lol
could not disagree more, I loved my Moto X with the dual front speakers... I have no use for a headphone jack, not with bluetooth.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
could not disagree more, I loved my Moto X with the dual front speakers... I have no use for a headphone jack, not with bluetooth.
And that's fine if you feel that way. But don't try to lie to me and say it's because of reason A, or reason 2, or reason charlie.
Also, why eliminate a peripheral if you are not purposing that space only to fill it in with plastic? Why eliminate a function for empty space, even if you fill that space with courage? That's the rationale I'd like someone to explain. We got rid of removable batteries and memory because of ___. Phones are carrier crippled because of ___. Get rid of a port kinda have to spend $ for bt now don't you. Get rid of memory kinda have to spend $ for that larger model now don't you. Red borks you in the butt so you wanna go green but phone is crippled, kinda have to spend $ for anew now don't you.

A plausible and reasonable rationale is all I ask... Not necessarily from you but someone, anyone.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
And that's fine if you feel that way. But don't try to lie to me and say it's because of reason A, or reason 2, or reason courage.
Reason what?

The real reason is I think the headphone jack is so 1990's. it's time to give it the death of deserves

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Why do computers still have them?
Well aside from the fact that I don't carry my actual pc in my pocket so it has room for even irrelevant ports just in case. Also your pc should be able to have some sort of backwards compatibility whereas my phone doesn't need it.

My headset on my pc is usb powered and wireless... My speakers aren't but they also use 4 separate plugs and are at least 11 years old so... There's that.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk