More Pixel 2 Features Leaked!

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Yet no one has given a plausible reason for taking away functionality only to fill it in with courage. That's what I am still wanting to know. Just an explanation. BT uses battery which still don't last to their potential. And quick charge still does not get away from the fact that you still need to plug in. That's a whole other discussion within itself.

Guess ppl with that 4am LAX to SFO are sol if they dont charge their earbuds Im using BT buds now btw.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yet no one has given a plausible reason for taking away functionality only to fill it in with courage. That's what I am still wanting to know. Just an explanation. BT uses battery which still don't last to their potential. And quick charge still does not get away from the fact that you still need to plug in. That's a whole other discussion within itself.

Guess ppl with that 4am LAX to SFO are sol if they dont charge their earbuds Im using BT buds now btw.
Make sure you charge before you leave.
I understand what you're saying, however new personally, I haven't used a headphone jack in about 3 - 4 years. Very are practically useless to me. I don't need them.

Now my personal experiences aren't what everyone experiences. That being said clearly this is a divisive subject. I was upset when moto got rid of the mini hdmi pkug in their phones I used regularly, so I got an mhl adapter.

The ONLY issue I see is that you can't use the USB c to headphones and charge at the same time like you can with mhl.

Most newer vehicles have bt capability and if they don't there's options for it, some head units can take a direct usb plug and access your music that way.

There are definitely options, not always the best, but get a pair of USB headphones or an adapter, if you're at the gym you probably aren't charging your phone so there's no need to charge and listen.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I despise wires omg.. And of course today on my commute to work my wireless beats were drained after like two weeks of usage lmao... I used the wire with my S8 + and I couldn't wait to get to work... Yeah believe it lol I was happy to get to the office...

Sent using Tapatalk

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I couldn't care less about a headphone jack as well. Three things I don't miss on my devices that have disappeared over the years:

- Physical keyboard
- SD cards
- Wired headphones

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Mods. No one talks mods. Moto would like a word with you. I just went on a trip to Florida. Moto included a dongle. Moto also includes a little strappy thing that you attach to your headphones and your dongle so don't have to worry about losing it. Then I simply attach a (forget the exact number) 3200 mAh battery to the back of my phone. Voila! Charging and listening. I went all day and had hours left when I went to bed.

Flipside: speaking as to how do I charge my BT headphones if they die when I'm out? My phone has this cool new (to me) feature that allows it to actually charge other devices! Wh-at? That's pretty cool.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

kinfolk248

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about a headphone jack as well. Three things I don't miss on my devices that have disappeared over the years:

- Physical keyboard
- SD cards
- Wired headphones
Physical keyboard, what we talking blackberry now lol

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Make sure you charge before you leave.
I understand what you're saying, however new personally, I haven't used a headphone jack in about 3 - 4 years. Very are practically useless to me. I don't need them.

Now my personal experiences aren't what everyone experiences. That being said clearly this is a divisive subject. I was upset when moto got rid of the mini hdmi pkug in their phones I used regularly, so I got an mhl adapter.

The ONLY issue I see is that you can't use the USB c to headphones and charge at the same time like you can with mhl.

Most newer vehicles have bt capability and if they don't there's options for it, some head units can take a direct usb plug and access your music that way.

There are definitely options, not always the best, but get a pair of USB headphones or an adapter, if you're at the gym you probably aren't charging your phone so there's no need to charge and listen.

It's like my car has run flats and no spare. So yea if I'm on the side of the road I can't just fix the ssss, I have to wait for a designated mediator. Like why, I like that mechanical connection, too much digital is bad for testosterone...

Big Ry

Reaction score
Are the pixel 2 and pixel xl 2 expected to be available on October 4th or are they just being announced on October 4th? I was trying to look back to the pixel launch, but i keep finding conflicting dates.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So far I believe it's just the official announcement and unveiling. Maybe Pre-orders will start too

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
This just in: The Pixel 2 will have a headphone jack. Rejoice!
417J1fhIHcL._SX425_.jpg

Now maybe we can get to complaining about some other feature they chose to omit like NO IR BLASTER or user accessible FM RADIO or some other cool thing like that.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
417J1fhIHcL._SX425_.jpg

Now maybe we can get to complaining about some other feature they chose to omit like NO IR BLASTER or user accessible FM RADIO or some other cool thing like that.
I miss my v20 ir blaster, it's amazing what you can do with one in a store, or hotels... Etc etc

I wonder if there's a pluggable ir blaster like, usb-c or headphone or something.

Maybe there should be a battery paxk ir blaster moto mod....

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
417J1fhIHcL._SX425_.jpg

Well I haven't used IR Blaster or had FM Radio on a Moto phone in a LOOOOONG time. So I won't be missing those. I also don't see why everyone is so jacked about "having to carry an extra dongle" just stick the darn thing on the end of your wired headphones. But I do get that you could lose the ability to charge while using wired headphones.

That brings to the one big missing feature for a 2017 Flagship phone... Wireless Charging.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I quit using wire headphones years ago, back when I had an iphone. got tired of messing with the wires so found a nice set of bt headphones that I am still using today.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I prefer wired headphones because I haven't found a BT pair that would get me through an 8 hour day at work. I use both earbuds, and over the ear headphones. I generally don't use my phone for music anyway, as I have a 160gb iPod Classic that holds my tunes. ;)