The Official Thread for No Sound after HeadPhone Use

OP
Xerozix

Xerozix

Reaction score
Yep, for some reason, it seems as if motorola is keeping the possibilities for a remote on the headphone to work. I personally don't want one and I hope that they'll have an option to disable it. No more global shuffling from no where. hehe.

conman50

Reaction score
i just restarted my droid and its working fine so far,my problem was i could not hear sound from the head phones, but it was fine from speaker, i hope it keeps working for me, but reading other comments in this thread make me think there is some hardware issue with the droid itself, and doesnt seem able to be fixed through a simple firmware patch

Jthomas

Reaction score
I've had this problem from day one, pre 2.0.1. this morning I finished what I was listening to then unplugged it no problem. tried it again second time and it worked fine. can somebody verify this.

bogdan912

Reaction score
It's intermittent for me to lose the speaker audio after unpluggint the aux cable, but not the sound quality produced from the aux is horrible all the time. Any slight movement crackles, and half the time I can only get the instrument audio and not the voices. I got fed up and went to Verizon, since i'm still in the 30day warranty period no questions asked they are replacing it. I just have to wait 7-10 days for it to come in the mail which sucks. I do still have the phone just have to return it when the new one comes.

shademar

Reaction score
I got my replacement today! Phone updated to 2.01 right away. My observations so far:

-Aux port works again...no cutting in and out and thus far no static, even if I twist the plug. =D Sound quality seems good.

-The speaker switching problem does not occur with either the stock music player or pandora. It seems to detect the jack being removed both when the app is running and not. All of my headphones that were not working are now working.

-The plug is still a tiny bit wobbly (this seems like its inevitable given the way the phone is built, ie, the port is independent from the frame of the phone itself.)

I'm going have to guess that this is a hardware issue that may be exacerbated with use (I use my phone as a media player quite a bit. By the end, it got really bad...) The static and inability to detect the jack seems like they could both be due to a problem with that connection. The new hardware seems fine so hopefully it's a matter of a few defective units. I'll see what happens as I use the new one.

Good luck all!

bogdan912

Reaction score
I borrowed a friends Ipod and plugged it into my AUX cable to rule out that it wasn't the cable causing the issue. The ipod had similar issues, so I went to best buy and picked up a high quality aux cable, plugged it into the droid and haven't had a problem since. The sound quality is also much better.

Guess I'm still gettin a new droid sometime in the mail tho.

accordlord04

Reaction score
i got the crackling sound on my old droid. exchanged it for a new droid at best buy tonight. no more crackling. still doesnt mean it was a hardware issue. this droid is bare bone stock with no apps. im going to reload all of my previous apps and see if it still plays clear music. may be application interference? we'll see...

rlandon

Reaction score
I'm running 2.0.1 and noticed that when unplugging the headphones or external speakers rapidly the sound does not work from the Droid speaker. If I slowly remove the plug from the Droid the speaker does work.

OP
Xerozix

Xerozix

Reaction score
Yep. Mine definitely needs to be replaced. Now to find time to actually go in to the store...

accordlord04

Reaction score
so i completely restored my new phone with all the original apps. been listening to the music player for the past hour and it is super clear, with no crackling. so i guess it really was a hardware issue. i suggest you folks go grab a replacement if you can.

FYI, also a bonus, i think they re-designed the battery door. the door that is on my new replacement phone is absolutely sturdy and tight. it doesnt slide off when i slide my phone in my pocket. it is definitely rigid and needs some serious force to remove. then again, it could just be my imagination... but nevertheless, 2 issues fixed in one exchange is a win in my book.

OP
Xerozix

Xerozix

Reaction score
I've got a new battery door in the mail haha. Seems as if Motorola did somehing with these units and didn't have a QC on it.

Demonbrn

Reaction score
I'm just going off the title, haven't gone through entire thread (as I'm sure it's been answered, but am leaving this comment here for people like me). The droid is defaulted to pause when the aux (headphone jack) is disconnected.

bogdan912

Reaction score
My new droid came in last night, but I didn't do anything with it yet. I think it's a combination of issues, the AUX jack is not real good and definitely has issues, these issues are compounded by cheap AUX cables.

Beagle_Slave

Reaction score
After reading several pages of discussion on this topic, nothing has been mentioned about bluetooth headsets. So far I have never used a wired headset, thus have never used the headset jack, yet I still have the issue of no sound on phone calls (except speaker) after using/then turning OFF the bluetooth.

OP
Xerozix

Xerozix

Reaction score
I've used a bluetooth headset, it has no effect at all on the fact on whether the phone has it's speaker activated or not.