Pesky Bug: Using Headphones!

88Droid

Reaction score
I'm not aware if this problem/bug has been discussed, but I feel I must voice concern over this issue I, and maybe more, are having.

BUG OVERVIEW:
-After inserting headphone cable into headphone jack I can clearly hear all audio. However, upon disconnecting the headphone cable from the jack and receiving or placing a call, I cannot hear the caller unless I place the phone into "speakerphone" mode.

HOW TO RECREATE:
-Place headphone cable into headphone jack.
-Play audio.
-Disconnect headphone cable from jack.
-Place a call by dialing a number, once you hit send you will hear silence but the indicator on screen will still count the time since the call was placed.
-To allow yourself to hear the caller and carry on the conversation you must press the "speakerphone button."

-----so any idea on how this problem could be fixed???? :icon_eek:

Guchi

Reaction score
i have never experienced this bug. it has been discussed though. are you rooted/stock if on a rom which???

Atook

Reaction score
It's a known bug. Happened to me running stock and rooted.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
There's a quick fix for this ...

Plug in and out again twice after disconnecting...

I know that sounsa silly but it resets the phones earpiece...

Also if you find a good "headset" with a microphone instead of "headphones" with no mic... this problem does not occur

The problem is in the plug... "headphones" have a three post plug that grounds out the answer/end switch in the phone.. causing the problem..... "headsets" have a four post plug that do not cause this problem

I heard the new 2.1 OTA update addresses this problem so we might have a fix soon enough