The Official Thread for No Sound after HeadPhone Use

dnvnk

Reaction score
Here's my take on it (after getting a new Droid because I thought mine was broken):

I believe if you are running an app such as last.fm or pandora, unplug the headphones before the music stops (turn off the "interrupt" option so the music keeps playing).

If the music continues to play from the speaker, then the Droid has obviously detected that the headphones were unplugged. Makes sense to anyone?

It's been working for me so far, but I still have the audio toggle app just in case.

funken

Reaction score
Can someone post a link to the audio toggle fix? The original source isn't working anymore.

MAzing87

Reaction score
I use my Droid to connect to my speakers in my car. It works fine when I play music from my phone or talk to someone on call. But when I unplug my phone and want to continue talking with someone or dial another number, my audio doesn't work. If I use the speaker phone, it works with no problem, but switch it back to talk in the ear piece, no sound. The remedy so far has been to turn off the phone to restart it.

I would hate to have to turn off my phone each time after it has been plugged in my car.

mateoc15

Reaction score
My update hasn't rolled out yet. I know that there are 1,000,000+ Droids out there and they're rolling out in batches of 250,000, but I don't know how long each batch should take. I have tried to manually check for updates a few times on my phone, and also powered down and up a few times. Nothing yet.

Anyone else get this 2.1 update yet?

raceMpower95

Reaction score
Yeah it seems I am still waiting for it as well. I even tried to find a DL for it online to install manually, but all i am finding are links to the system update from months ago, nothing for this current one.

thechainrule

Reaction score
Any such luck on this update yet?

My phone says its updated but yet Im still having the speaker issue. Happens after I close pandora possibly my alarm clock.

scottydo

Reaction score
well, add another person who is having this problem (me). let's hope that 2.1 will fix this.

Last edited:

scottydo

Reaction score
i just saw that the update was finally released today. all those who had issues let us know if this fixes your audio issues.

privatejz

Reaction score
2.1 seems to have fixed my issues.

well my sound issues have seemed to be fixed after i manually installed the 2.1 update.

same phone/same headphones/same players

my phone was having serious issues with the sound quality being horrible. it wasn't even listenable (only when playing music, the sound to the actual phone calls was fine) i had bad 'static' type sound and even at any volume level you could barley even make out what was playing. But after i updated it has played all day today flawlessly.
it doesn't appear that i have the issue with pulling out my headphones and answering a call but not being able to hear the caller either.

so for me the 2.1 update fixed some major errors for me... i have to have my music and was just about to go buy an ipod, but now i don't need to since the phone is in working order again.

BlueOvalBaby

Reaction score
I shut my phone down, pulled the battery, waited a few minutes, reinserted the battery, and restarted the phone. Have not had this problem since.

scottydo

Reaction score
Updated my phone with 2.1 and it seems to have fixed all my audio woes. Booyah!

privatejz

Reaction score
maybe its the cold weather?? because my issues are back

ok.. i am going to throw this out there for what its worth.

here i was thinking that the 2.1 update fixed my sound/headphone issues and it did work for a week... until today. while walking to work this morning after about 5 min outside it started happening again.. crackling, loss of sound etc.

here is my new theory after i thought about the timeline of the purchase of my phone, when i first started getting these issues, after the 2.1 update till today.

i purchased the phone in November, although it was still fairly warm here and the phone worked great, no issues with the sound. I started having the sound issues mid December after i got back from Vegas when the temperature started to drop.

it got so bad i stopped listening to the player all together even while i was at work, the odd thing was the times i did listen at work it sounded fine (indoors, heated). so that was happening until the magic 2.1 update came out which happened to coincide with our 80 degree week from the 30's-40's that it had been since Dec.. which i didn't think anything about, but my phone worked like a champ and just thought it was the update that fixed it.

but today we had a cold front move in and when i walked to work in the 30 degree weather my phone started acting up. ( i keep it in a chest pocket of a jacket where it got the full brunt of the north wind) within 5 min of the cold it started acting up.. thats when it hit me. I took the phone out of my jacket pocket and put it in my jeans pocket and put my hand over it and started rubbing it on my leg to warm it up ( i am sure some passers by thought i was some kind of perv. ha) but lo and behold i started getting my music back and once i got inside to work i got complete full function back with no degradation of sound. once the phone was warmed up it played and acted normal.

the damn thing just doesn't like the cold.. at least that fits my condition.

but the pulling of the headphones and answering a call and not hearing the other individual has been fixed, so thats still good.

anyway.. those are my findings... the real truth is when the f'n summer does finally get here if the phone ever acts up again then.