Headphone jack won't work??

RMDVRACER

Reaction score
I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything on this, but my headphone jack won't work. I went for a run today and there is no sound coming out of my headphones on my Motorola Droid. I tried several headphones and still nothing. I hear sound through the phone speakers whether my headphones are plugged in or not. My phone is under warranty, but I was wondering if there is a simple solution before I go in and get a new one? I tried to soft reset it a couple of times and that didn't work either.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum :D

i've had my droid since november 6th and use my headphones every night. night before last....headphone jack wouldn't work for the first time:( i nearly had a meltdown then remembered i had a bluetooth headset. last night it suddenly started working again. :shocked:

brando56894

Reaction score
Ive had my droid for about two months and I just noticed earlier that the jack is a little loose and if I twist the male connector a little the sound will crackle/reduce volume/stop working. Theyre probably just crappy jacks, sadly mostly all devices get this way with some wear and tear.

The audio jack on my sirius stiletto dock is a piece of crap now and keeps losing connection with the cable, but my droid replaces my stiletto so as long as it doesn't crap out on me im fine!