Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
So you got yourself the new M8 eh? Post in here and let us know your thoughts! :cool-b:

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I picked one up today - I must say that I am impressed with this phone...I have spent quite a bit of time getting it setup (coming from the Note 3, I do have some reservations LOL)...I don't plan to root the device as of right, just want the stock out of the box feel and I actually like how the phone looks - no real need for tweaks (yet)...

I have not had a good chance to play with the camera but plan to do that over the weekend and will get some of those shots posted up.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I picked one up today - I must say that I am impressed with this phone...I have spent quite a bit of time getting it setup (coming from the Note 3, I do have some reservations LOL)...I don't plan to root the device as of right, just want the stock out of the box feel and I actually like how the phone looks - no real need for tweaks (yet)...

I have not had a good chance to play with the camera but plan to do that over the weekend and will get some of those shots posted up.

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the camera!

jspradling7

Reaction score
Guilty.
I bought mine an hour after it went on sale. I love it. I was running Apex on it for a while but went back to the stock launcher to experience the stock feel for a while. Verizon has the bootloader locked up like usual. The camera's been getting flamed a bit for only being 4mp but I like it. It's great indoors and has cool depth of field effects. Very smooth and quick too. It has double tap On but not Off. So I put an app called Screen Off by Katecca and made the swipe up motion turn the screen off. I also installed the Power Toggle app to give me toggles on the status screen (like Hot Spot and Flashlight) and a text battery in the status bar. Battery lasts as long as my LG G2. The radios and GPS are strong. No complaints here yet. The sound is great too with those front speakers.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Guilty.
I bought mine an hour after it went on sale. I love it. I was running Apex on it for a while but went back to the stock launcher to experience the stock feel for a while. Verizon has the bootloader locked up like usual. The camera's been getting flamed a bit for only being 4mp but I like it. It's great indoors and has cool depth of field effects. Very smooth and quick too. It has double tap On but not Off. So I put an app called Screen Off by Katecca and made the swipe up motion turn the screen off. I also installed the Power Toggle app to give me toggles on the status screen (like Hot Spot and Flashlight) and a text battery in the status bar. Battery lasts as long as my LG G2. The radios and GPS are strong. No complaints here yet. The sound is great too with those front speakers.

I use the Screen Off app by Katecca as well - only mine is set with a pinch in to turn the screen off - I think I actually have it on all of my devices LOL. I am going to check out "power toggle" - I have been using "notification toggle" so that it stays in my pull down notification area but that app sounds like it might worth looking into!

Congrats on the M8 @jspradling!

djakrse

Reaction score
I haven't been to the forum in years it seems, but I finally have something new to post about. Got my M8 Saturday morning (a little earlier than I planned) on a whim while out running errands. No case, no screen protectors. This phone is beautiful and I don't want anything covering it up. I've had the OG Droid all these years and finally moved up in class. This thing reminds me of everything I love about Android and making it my own. Except permanent root and I miss my unlocked bootloader already. *sniff* Hopefully not for too long though. This thing is so fast and the upgraded OS is enough to keep me going for a while. I'm ready to work on animations and more walls when I have the time. :rating10:

shockracer

Reaction score
Bought mine 1 hour after it was available, I am so glad I waited for the M8 and didn't jump for the M7. This phone is a massive upgrade from the Rezound, but follows some of the traits (like SD card). Had to fork over full retail as I refuse to give up my unlimited!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i got it, but idk if im gonna keep it :blink:

djakrse

Reaction score
Bought mine 1 hour after it was available, I am so glad I waited for the M8 and didn't jump for the M7. This phone is a massive upgrade from the Rezound, but follows some of the traits (like SD card). Had to fork over full retail as I refuse to give up my unlimited!
I was afraid it was going to be maybe $750 full price. I was happy to pay retail to keep my unlimited too. I updated all apps after installing maybe half of my previous collection of paid and free apps. Two days later, 34 apps have updates. Average maybe 25mb but it seemed > 30mb on every app, and I probably downloaded 1gb of updates, over wifi of course. Still, how in the !@#$ do providers think users should be happy with 2gb plans, or even 6gb plans and pay what they suggest? Regular updates alone could destroy those plans for users without wifi. Insanity.

shockracer

Reaction score
I was afraid it was going to be maybe $750 full price. I was happy to pay retail to keep my unlimited too. I updated all apps after installing maybe half of my previous collection of paid and free apps. Two days later, 34 apps have updates. Average maybe 25mb but it seemed > 30mb on every app, and I probably downloaded 1gb of updates, over wifi of course. Still, how in the !@#$ do providers think users should be happy with 2gb plans, or even 6gb plans and pay what they suggest? Regular updates alone could destroy those plans for users without wifi. Insanity.

Guess these carriers think customers sit at coffee shops or at home all day...

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'm really tempted to grab one of these but rumor has it the Xperia Z2 is coming to Verizon so I'm going to hold out a little longer.

jspradling7

Reaction score
@wicked it's a really good phone. Come on in the water is fine.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Definitely a premium phone ..I'm back on my N3 but it's a solid device ..

N3 tap

mgreene434

Reaction score
I have one supposed to be here here tomorrow. I'm moving up from the Rezound. Question is, can I just use the SD card on the rezound and put it in the One m8? I have have lots of music and pics on there plus apps.