The Official "I got my HTC ONE M8" Thread

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats.. Let us know about the ROM once you get it flashed.

Jaxom

Reaction score
Purchased one on July 12, upgraded from a Razr Maxx (previous from that was the HTC Droid Incredible). I take the phone off the charger in the morning and put it back on the charger the next night. I have between 15% to 20% battery left after 38 hours without charging. I tend to keep mobile data turned off and I only turn on wi-fi when I need it.

Purchased an Incipio case and a tempered glass screen protector, I've never purchased a protection plan on any of my previous phones.

I was on the fence with getting the Galaxy S5, but I felt the quality of the HTC One M8 was better.

I've never rooted a phone and not sure what the big benefits are in doing so with this phone. If I did I would go with trying out the Viper ROM.

So far I've been pretty impressed with the phone and happy with everything it does.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats. Enjoy your new toy.

dautley

Reaction score
If you don't have a specific need to root it's sometimes better to leave it alone, but some of us just have to tinker! :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Congrats Jax on the phone ...and I can tell y'all Viper One ROM is worth the root and all ..I've not left the ROM even with so many other options in development...really great job on it by developer ...first thing I use root is to freeze bloat from carrier and no ads with ad blocker ...

M8 tap'd

Jaxom

Reaction score
Congrats Jax on the phone ...and I can tell y'all Viper One ROM is worth the root and all ..I've not left the ROM even with so many other options in development...really great job on it by developer ...first thing I use root is to freeze bloat from carrier and no ads with ad blocker ...

M8 tap'd
That's good to know. If a reason occurs, is it possible to return a rooted phone back to it's original condition and would anyone be able to tell the phone had been rooted?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That's good to know. If a reason occurs, is it possible to return a rooted phone back to it's original condition and would anyone be able to tell the phone had been rooted?

Always a way to get back to stock ..especially if only rooted ..there are also some guides for complete back to stock for us unlocked bootloader peeps ..:D

M8 tap'd

alhadee12

Reaction score
I order one from Sprint. Do anyone have service with Sprint, if so, how is it in the M8?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Congrats...