The Legend of Zelda (fans)

Diordna

Reaction score
Thread here. I'm a fan and understand the real screwed up timeline with it, but some things are certain like how link trapped Ganon as young link and big link, but he broke free while link was big but never broke free when he was young, and hyrule was flooded too. So that became Wind Waker and since he broke out as adult link time, hell was broke loose and Twilight princess came about in that timeline. (The islands in WW are the mountaintops around hyrule, and in WW you are young and TP you're big)
Also, the new game coming out Skyward Sword was said by the main man himself that t's the prequel to everything.
Everyones hoping it connects a lot of things more also.

Disregarding that (just thought if you didn't know that, you'd find it interesting) whats your favorite game and how much games have you played??

I have pretty much beaten Minish Cap which is a great game. OoT a long time ago, and mainly watch my brother play Majoras Mask and beat it. I also beat Oracle of Ages and I am at dungeon 2 in Seasons, and I'm mostly playing Links Awakening right now.
I've also played a lot of ALttP years ago.

GT944

Reaction score
To be honest, I've never been able to keep track of the timeline of The Legend of Zelda - though I think its safe to say that Majora's Mask comes directly after the Ocarina of Time. Now that I think of it, Link never really stays 'grown up' after OoT - so his age makes sense with subsequent stories where he is still young. That being said, I don't know where TP fits into the scheme of things and where surrounding stories are time-wise.

My favorite has always been OoT - I spent many many hours replaying that as a kid.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
What I said about the timeline splitting into 2 was what happened. And right now there are just a bunch of theories on everything but what I said has been confirmed.

There are some interesting great timelines tough in which you should take a quick gander at this, it's 5 pages but if you need to just kind of skim through the different timelines it's quite interesting :)

actually only 3 timeline theorys so I think anyone who reads this thread should take a gander at this:

Timeline Theory - Zelda Universe

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Go break out an original Nintendo and play the original "Legend of Zelda." :)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Favorite was Orcarina of Time. Wind Waker was cool too. I didnt really like Majora's Mask..I think I liked A Link to the Past more than Majora's Mask...

Maybe I need to play it again just to see..

GT944

Reaction score
+1 on A Link to the Past. Majora's Mask was just weird in a lot of ways, but still fun.

riko540

Reaction score
The first three Zelda games (The legend of Zelda, Zelda II, and Link to the Past) I believe are stand alone stories with no connection between them along with the first one for the original Gameboy. The Ocarina of Time timeline appears to go OoT,MM,TP,and WW and the 2 games on the DS.

I'm not really sure if the Twilight Princess actually fits into the timeline though. It makes the story told in the Wind Waker true but there is a lot important stuff out of place if you compare it to the Ocarina of Time.

I probably won't pick up Skyward Sword right away but if its a prequel to the series it will be interesting to see how it plays into the timeline.

Reaction score
Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past is where its at. This forum actually made me take out the good ole SNES, ha. But yeah the entire timeline is hard to keep up with.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

GT944

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be looking into ALTTP for Wii pretty soon because of this thread...

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Ya the website I posted in my last post gives you a great website and if you read those three timelines you'll know more and can judge more on this thread. And the ZeldaWiki is a great source too!

TP does fit in the timeline as it was confirmed by the devs, thats why the game was made because the world turned to darkness because Hyrule was controlled by the broke free Ganon.
And in the past when Link traps Ganon the 3 Goddesses of the Triforce flooded Hyrule to stop him for good, and people moved to the mountaintops and started a new life.

Minish Cap was a beginning game also, you'd know that from the beginning of the game too haha and some things throughout the game. But still think it's after OoT.

But hey, I gave you guys a "link" to those timeline theories so I'd definitely read those :)

As for Majoras mask, I was never a fan like I said, but it is after OoT and in the timeline, all it is is Link looking for Navi and Epona, and that village called Trimbila doesn't worship the 3 triforce goddesses, but their 4 guardians (whom you have to activate to help save the moon from falling)
It's said that place is a mirror image of Hyrule, exactly the same besides their faith and they're a lot more technology advanced. Which you can definitely tell too lol.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Also if you guys haven't heard, they are releasing soon a 3DS remake of Ocarina of Time. :)

Also heres a read:

"In most timelines, Ocarina of Time is generally considered to take place very early in the Legend of Zelda timeline, as the game establishes the origins of such important elements in the series as Ganon and the Triforce. Only the upcoming game, Skyward Sword is known to take place before Ocarina of Time.
The time travel that occurs at the end of the game is confirmed to have created two parallel timelines. One timeline continues after Link has defeated Ganon and trapped him in the Sacred Realm (the "Adult Timeline") and the other one continues after Link returned to the past and changed history so that Ganon never came to power at all (the "Child Timeline"). The Adult timeline leads into The Wind Waker while the Child Timeline leads into Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess."

((Also note that WW was a hundred and something years after OoT, and the people forgot about the land under the water.))

Last edited:

tigerdango

Reaction score
Oh yeah I've seen screens from it along with a handful of other 3DS games. It def does not look to disappoint.

tigerdango

Reaction score
XD There really would be a God if you happened to find a Nintendo 3DS or any other system for that matter lying around on the ground. :p

GT944

Reaction score
I gave in today and bought A Link to the Past today on my little bro's Wii -- totally worth it! The Wii shop has all the NES titles too, so I'll have to try those as well when I'm through this one. Nothing more than $8 for the older stuff, and $10 for the N64 titles - I'm happy to pay those prices!