The International Samsung Galaxy is Having Some Volume/Muting Issues

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;B6xlZFcgPlo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=B6xlZFcgPlo[/video]​

Apparently, not all is rosy with some of the owners of the new international version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. A small sampling of users are experiencing a volume/muting bug with the phone, and there are enough people experiencing it that it isn't an isolated incident. Several users have posted in forums around the web with the following issue: basically, the phone will sometimes mute itself, and then, "...respond erratically to presses on the volume rocker, if it responds at all."

The one common denominator that users with the issue have been able to determine is that the phone experiences the problem while in a 2G data connection mode, and that it is related to that radio. The video above is from Duddyroar, and demonstrates the problem. Strange...

Source: AndroidPolice

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Hopefully this issue gets addressed before it hits Verizon

droid_mike

Reaction score
I am very bummed about this. I'm hoping that this only affects the GSM phones, and the US phones will be spared. The folks at XDA developers think that this is a hardware problem, not a software one, but it seems to be limited to one batch (since one person returned their phone and the replacement works just fine). 66% of the folk in that group are reporting problems. Now, I'm afraid to order my phone over here, especially since Samsung and Google are completely ignoring the problem.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What is that kid saying? LOL

It's like "Is it a low battery?" "How's the iPhone 3GS?"