The End of Unlimited Data Plans?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Bring it on.

Just gives me a way out of my contract without paying an etf.

MyAbusa

Reaction score
Nothing like the networks fighting this new technology they're supplying us with. Let's get em all hooked on smart phones & once they've accustomed themselves to the new connectivity these devices afford them let's charge the heck out of them... Kind of like a Crack dealer... Get em hooked & then suck the life blood out of them.

JCo352

Reaction score
Wow I thought with future technologies, things progress, not revert back to the days when AOL charged by time.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
And in other news... "Dog Bites Man."

Someone is going to pay for 4G networks. Either it will be based on use or socialized. Take your pick.

flyguide83

Reaction score
Just don't change data plans and you should be grandfathered in. If that's not the case, you can break contract.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bring it on.

Gee, I guess you commented without actually reading the link eh?

Here's a quote:

"Current subscribers with unlimited data plans on AT&T or Verizon don’t have to worry at the moment. Both companies are several months or a year away from changing their policy to get rid of unlimited data plans. Such a move would also constitute a change substantial enough for subscribers to break their contracts without penalty."

choklitcow

Reaction score
Until the infrastructure is completely revamped costing billions of dollars, this change isn't only going to be affecting mobile carriers. Local ISP's are being hit with these issues as well. Bandwidth is disappearing at an alarming rate as your devices become more and more reliant on the current structure.

Had we built it as a continually adapting structure such as Korea, we wouldn't even be thinking about limiting a person's usage. And even then, with our population that is debatable.

JCo352

Reaction score
Bring it on.

Here's a quote:

"Current subscribers with unlimited data plans on AT&T or Verizon don’t have to worry at the moment. Both companies are several months or a year away from changing their policy to get rid of unlimited data plans. Such a move would also constitute a change substantial enough for subscribers to break their contracts without penalty."

What are you saying? What he stated correlates exactly to what the link states.

ldimick

Reaction score
Bring it on.

Here's a quote:

I read the link and I agreed with him. My contract is only three months old. So if they bring it out in a year I CAN get out of my contract. Didn't do the math, huh?

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Bring it on.

Here's a quote:

No, I read it fine. Apparently my reading level is somewhat higher than yours.
:icon_ devil:

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you can break your contract because they would drop unlimited data. If you're on VZW, you wouldn't want to go to AT&T, and vice versa. So, that leaves gagSprintgag or one of the other smaller carriers.

What VZW would do is keep you grandfathered in until your renewal to avoid the get out of jail free cards.