Is it possible to get a Samsung Galaxy S II with unlimited data plan (Verizon)?

winkzy

Reaction score
The new tiered data plans are coming 7/7. My plan just ended a month ago. I wanted to get this phone, but I don't think it will be released before that time. I heard it will be released later in July. Does anyone know if its possible to get this phone with the unlimited data plan? Or any workarounds?

Palmyra

Reaction score
The new tiered data plans are coming 7/7. My plan just ended a month ago. I wanted to get this phone, but I don't think it will be released before that time. I heard it will be released later in July. Does anyone know if its possible to get this phone with the unlimited data plan? Or any workarounds?

If you are on a unlimited data plan now, even month to month, you are grandfathered in. So when the G II comes out you will still be be on a unlimited data plan but it will be back to a two year contract.

OP
W

winkzy

Reaction score

If you are on a unlimited data plan now, even month to month, you are grandfathered in. So when the G II comes out you will still be be on a unlimited data plan but it will be back to a two year contract.

That's the problem. I don't have unlimited data plan :(.

leonozug

Reaction score

Grab a previously owned Droid X right now, get unlimited data so you will be locked in, and when(and if)the GSII comes out, sell the X on ebay and cough up the rest of the money and buy it retail. That's pretty much your only option right now unfortunately.

OP
W

winkzy

Reaction score

Grab a previously owned Droid X right now, get unlimited data so you will be locked in, and when(and if)the GSII comes out, sell the X on ebay and cough up the rest of the money and buy it retail. That's pretty much your only option right now unfortunately.

I found a post on some other site. Some guy has the same problem as me. If I was to get a phone at Best Buy using my contract plan, can I resell that phone at 50% price? Lets say I get the Samsung Fascinate. I pay 50$ for it with the 2 year plan. The original price is 600$. Can I resell that for 300$ using Best Buy buyback, and then proceed to buy it at retail price?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You're over complicating it. Just buy a used Droid and get the unlimited plan. I'm not sure all that buy back stuff will work and then you be stuck with a phone you don't want.

sent from somewhere...

leonozug

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't buy anything from Best Buy. That whole buy back thing is a scam. You can practally get a pre-owned Droid X for free right now. Grab that and an unlimited data plan on Verizons site like I said, and sell it online when the GSII comes out. It seems like you need to have to have a Samsung Fascinate for some reason. I'm suggesting the Droid X pre-owned cause it's dirt cheap right now. It a great phone, especially a good one to hold you over till the GSII comes out...which I want as well!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
W

winkzy

Reaction score
Thanks all.

Last edited: